just curious about statue of limitations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just curious about statue of limitations

I have had 2 meetings with attorney and will be filing chapter 7 this month....but a little bit of history. I have not paid on any bills since 11/1/2010. I did not go bankrupt back then because of personal property issues which have since been taken care of. Several health issues with my elderly mother that I care for followed by my husband's major heart attack, another heart event and then quad bypass surgery....so a bit distracted.

During the last 4 years I have requested validation of debt when I was sent letters. Two of my creditors, Chase and Citi bank sent me 1099's at the end of last year which I did file with my income tax. My creditors left are Wells Fargo 27,000, Bank of America 8,000, and US Bank 12,000. Now the reason I contacted the attorney was I received a letter from a consumer rebuild your company asking if I needed any help with my law suit. So I checked county records and sure enough the company that US Bank sold account to filed suit on October 14.....just 2 weeks before statue of limitations expired. (live in California)

My questions is since these debts are not really "fresh" do you think I should expect any adversary type proceedings?

I assume you mean an AP to determine the debts are not dischargeable. They would have to have some evidence that you incurred the debts fraudulently. It's very unlikely.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Dear carolen:

I am so sorry to read of your family problems and ill health. As LITR said, an AP is unlikely, but you may have have an enemy out there somewhere, that you don't know of. So the possibility exists, though unlikely.

My best ~~~~
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X