American online bankruptcy center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American online bankruptcy center

Has anyone done business with them? Whois.com shows the website was created on 9/17/14. I like what the site has to offer but im very skeptical. Any thoughts?

Jory,

As the above is your 1st post I will assume you are trying to drum up business for this document preparation service but, if you are not STAY AWAY from it. Any company that states:

We can guarantee you your discharge because we prepare the absolute best chapter 7 bankruptcy filing of anyone, including most attorneys.
    has to be a scam. NO ONE, not even an attny, can "guarantee you your discharge". Anyone who claims they can is full of crap.

If you are actually looking for a document preparation service, look locally. Better yet, if you cannot afford an attny, do it yourself. You can get the forms for free from the bk court in your local. Just remember, it is usually better to pay for the attny and initial consultations are typically free or at a very low cost.

Des.

Comment

And. . . by the way, Jerry who "penned" the below testimonial, never filed bk in Pennsylvania. . . at least not according to the PACER search I just did. . . (the idiot who posted this put a full name down or made it up)

I just wanted to comment on your services. I filed my Chapter 7 forms with your services. When I filed them with the clerk, she was astonished at the quality of my petition and said for someone filing myself, I had done and excellent job. So I am passing the compliment on to you since you prepared them. Thanks again. Jerry S." - Jerry S, Allegheny, PA
      Des.

Comment

Thanks. I was just wondering it did sound too good to be true. I appreciate your feedback.

Comment

No documentation preparation service is a replacement for an attorney. You are still 100% responsible for the content of your petition and to understand the law and court rules. Unless you can't get access to a printer, there is no reason to use a doc prep service. An attorney is well worth the fee. But, if you are filing pro-se you need to educate yourself well enough to prepare your petition yourself. Filing BK is more than filling out a few forms.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Must correct my second post. My observation was wrong on the testimonial. It was from somone in Allegheny, PA so no last name. So much for searching things at 5 a.m. Still, would not trust the on line company.

Des.

Comment

Hi Jory: welcome to the forum. I must let you know that Despritfreya is one of our best posting members and is a practicing BK attorney in Arizona.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I do not understand why people who have never used a site have nothing better to do than to trash it. One person is saying that they did not find a person in pacer, whatever that is and the other is saying that no one can guarantee a discharge. Well I used American online bankruptcy center and it worked out perfectly for me. They did exactly what they said they would do and I have now been debt free for 6 months. At first I was not sure about using them but it was their guarantee that sold me. Also, a friend recommended them. My only problem with them was that could not use my account with them for more than my own bankruptcy. My sister need to file too but she had to pay for her own account. Other than that, I was blown away how easy it was. There is no doubt that business like to hype their services and if you never used a company like this you will be skeptical about the hype but I have used them and so I know. I am sure the next post will be someone who will say that I am fake just because I did not trash them. I guess that's life.

Comment

Sandy2004 welcome to the Forum. Unfortunately, your first post violates one of the Forum Rules. Please do no resurrect old posts and especially where you do not add any value. The people that posted include a practicing bankruptcy attorney and even a paralegal. Additionally, I have used these services and was disappointed (and my paperwork was wrong, to put it bluntly).

Thank you for re-reading the Forum Rules.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Sorry if I offended you. It was unintentional. I read the rules but did not find anything about not posting to old threads. I thought my opinion added value since the original question from Jory1978 was for comments from people who had used the service. I stumbled on your blog by accident and was struck by why only lawyers and paralegals had something to say about a company they had never used. My bad! Again I am sorry I violated your rules. This is a great forum. Keep the good work going.

Comment

Sandy2004 I'm not offended at all. If you need a reference, it is the third (#3) rule.

All BKF users agree not to "bump" old threads, unless there is a specific benefit to the community by doing so. But in most cases, please don't post in very old threads, instead start new threads.
                      They key is that this is an old thread and there's no value since the original poster was asking about using the service almost 1 year ago. Responding, at this late point, doesn't provide any "value" and therefore is consider a bump of an old thread with no "specific" benefit for the community. There are other posts regarding "document preparation" services littered throughout the Forum.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have personally used one of these services. Their "guarantees" are not very forthwith. My paperwork had several issues and while the Court accepted the papers, there were missing forms (local forms) as well as "obvious" mathematical errors. The Bankruptcy Petition Preparer would not refund my money for the invalid forms because they were "accepted".

The people who replied know what they are talking about in analyzing the site itself and the claims. Many of the Trustees in Florida specifically ask about Document Preparation companies as at least the Middle District of Florida has cracked down on them recently. In fact, we recently sanctioned one and disallowed them from ever preparing another case.

So, we are skeptics... from experience.

References:

http://pacer.flmb.uscourts.gov/judgm...e/FIACSFPV.pdf

http://mcleodlawoffices.com/2005/12/...tion-preparer/
                      Last edited by justbroke; 08-25-2015, 08:17 PM.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X