mortgage payment prior to filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mortgage payment prior to filing

Im wondering how big of an issue this is...

I made a payment to my mortgage company about 5 days prior to filing over the phone via ACH. I try to wait as long as I could for it to clear my bank but I had other issues that forced me to file. I just received a letter from the mortgage company saying my bank denied the payment due to insufficient funds, so I called my bank and they said they are not sure why; the funds were there and they have no record of this transaction trying to make it through. The mortgage company was already closed so I couldn't call them yet.

Since this payment didn't clear the money that was towards my mortgage is now non-exempt property.. sucks.

and mortgage is due on the 1st late by the 15th so its now late as well and im in chp7. so how bad is this late? Can I simply pay it now and no big deal (except the 2k that goes to the trustee now, im assuming)

Yes, bring it current ASAP if you plan to keep the house. Otherwise, the mortgage company can get relief from automatic stay.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X