ch 7 60 day mark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ch 7 60 day mark?

Hello, I hit my 60 day mark on Jan 25 (Sunday).

Q#1: How long should I realistically wait either for the discharge letter or for me to contact my attorney regarding the discharge?
    Q#2: Will the discharge letter be automatically mailed to me or do i need to take additional steps to get the actual discharge paperwork?

The above questions are based on my assumption that there is nothing wrong. Since my 341 meeting all has been quiet, so I'm not expecting any last minute surprises.

Bonus Q#3: what are the steps I should take to rebuild my credit once I get my discharge? Im eager to start the rebuilding process so that I can put as much distance between the discharge and better credit.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Q3: Here's a thread on another site geared toward getting your credit score to 700 within 24 months of discharge.

If you're going to follow THIS guide, please DO NOT get a SECURED/STORE card.  This guide is designed with patience in mind, and pays off over time.  Every single person (there have been hundreds) who has followed this plan to the letter has a 700ish score INSIDE 24 months.  Most people who take it ...

Sorry, can't really help with the first two questions. I'm at day 67 and still waiting.

Comment

Save your money that's all the credit youll need....Don't put yourself in that whole again..Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by rustymich View Post
        Save your money that's all the credit youll need....Don't put yourself in that whole again..Good luck
        exactly.. I've had a credit score around 750 and an old chp 7 and still had trouble financing. at 5 years post chp7 I finally just built a house in cash because I couldn't find a lender to give me a construction loan, and then even with a paid off house worth $450k I couldn't get a pool loan (glad I didn't proceed with this one too)

credit cards would give me flack over the bk all the time. the only creditors that were cool was auto never having a high interest loan. great auto history probably helped there.

it was really sweet victory when the bk fell off at 9yrs,7months... felt great, for about 11 months before I my life crumbled around me and I am now back on the message boards going through another chapter 7.

Comment

Nothing will happen regarding discharge paperwork, until 60 full days have passed and you hit day 61. Some districts are automated and you will get the letter shortly thereafter. Others are not, and depending on the workload, processing the paperwork could take a couple of weeks. I would not be concerned unless it drags out to a month or more after the expected discharge date.

If you have a PACER account, you will see the notice there before it arrives in the mail. And you are likely to receive multiple copies. If you used the service of an attorney, you will get a copy directly from the court, but also one through the attorney's office. if you filed jointly with a spouse, that person will also receive duplicate notices.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I do not intend to go back down this route again. I've learned a lot. I sincerely want to work on repairing my credit because in the real world, credit is extremely important if you do not enough cash to buy big things. Even if you, live a cash only life, your credit history is still important. So i'm more interested in how to proceed slowly, smartly & realistically. I'm supremely confidant that based on what i'v e learned about credit, I'm never coming back down this road again.

Comment

By "big things" I hope you mean cars and homes. You should save for everything else or do without. In fact, many will tell you that you shouldn't borrow for a car either.

Check out the rebuilding credit subforum. http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay....uilding-Credit
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Lady in Red....I got to chuckle are your response.. relax I know you mean well. When I say big things I do mean damn near any & everything. I plan on diving deep into rebuilding/repairing my credit. I know it's going to be an uphill slog but I'm getting prepared. I have not had a CC in years and don't really ever want one again. I'm perfectly fine with my debit card. I'm sure one day i'll have to consider getting a car (for family reasons) but I'm hoping i'll be in a better place when I do. My current car is a 2003 and if I can keep it for another 2-yrs I'll be super happy although my growing family seems to beg the difference. As far as I house, i'm content with renting for a few more years. As I stated my next focus is on rebuilding my credit.

Thanks LIR. If you don't mind, share with me a bit about yourself that seemingly makes you an expert? I'm genuinely curious.

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                By "big things" I hope you mean cars and homes. You should save for everything else or do without. In fact, many will tell you that you shouldn't borrow for a car either.

Check out the rebuilding credit subforum. http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay....uilding-Credit

Comment

Pop the bottles i got my discharge!!

I just checked Pacer and low and behold!!! Oh ye, yes, yes!!! Once I get my papers in hand, i'll be back with an update....PRE- SUPER SHOUT-OUT TO ALL WHOM HAVE ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND GAVE ME GREAT ADVICE!!!

Filed: 01/29/2015
                  Entered: 01/30/2015
                  Docket Text BNC Certificate of Mailing - Order of Discharge

Comment

Yay!! Happy Fresh Start to you!!!!
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by charande2014 View Post
                      Thanks LIR. If you don't mind, share with me a bit about yourself that seemingly makes you an expert? I'm genuinely curious.
                      I'm not an expert any more than other people who have been on this forum for awhile. For over 5 years, I've been reading here and doing research elsewhere to help answer questions. I am also 3 months away from completing a Chap 13. I have always made sure I understand the whole process because I know that I am my own best advocate. Nothing beats "been there done that".

I just checked Pacer and low and behold!!! Oh ye, yes, yes!!! Once I get my papers in hand, i'll be back with an update....PRE- SUPER SHOUT-OUT TO ALL WHOM HAVE ANSWERED MY QUESTIONS AND GAVE ME GREAT ADVICE!!!

Filed: 01/29/2015
                      Entered: 01/30/2015
                      Docket Text BNC Certificate of Mailing - Order of Discharge
                      CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

While there are a few practicing bankruptcy attorneys that visit our forum, the majority of users are those that have "been there" and "done that." We are a community of debtors that have both questions and answers. Both the questions and answers are as varied as the people that represent BKForum! Our moderators are genuinely the best on the Internet. We have all been through bankruptcy and volunteer to help others.

Congratulations on your discharge!
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We have a Chapter 7 Discharge Party! Here's a little something for you:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

As for 'expertise', we are all graduates from The School of Hard Knocks.
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks to everyone for their support and advice. I haven't really had much time to reflect and think about much since im out looking for a job. I'm very clear im never going back down this road again. All i want to do is rebuild my credit as fast as I can and stay the heck out of debt. Here is my complete story.

I originally started in a ch13 but realize after about 1yr that i couldn't make the whole 3-5yr mark with my non $$ related issues I had to address. After consulting with my attorney, he recommend, i switch to a ch7, which I did and got my discharge which allowed me to address my non $$ issues. While im happy to put that behind me, I discovered that I have IRS issues that need to be addressed ($10k back taxes). So my plan is to find steady full time employment, make payments to the IRS and build my credit at the same time.

Once again, super thanks to all your help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X