Well, here I am again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here I am again...

Well, over 10 years ago I filed for BK. Mostly medical bills, it was actually a good decision. Never really had a bad affect on our lives. Well, we "shaped up" and really got our act together (bills always on time, etc). Well, about 5 years ago we had a bad lender experience (told we would pay one amount and on closing day it was actually WAYYY more). After 4 years of struggling and after a lay off we foreclosed about a year and a half ago. We are now living (happily) in an apartment (I never want to own a home again). Now lo and behold...a year ago the whole "medical bill" thing came back around. It looks like BK may be in our future again (grumble). Not too happy and hoping we will qualify for Ch 7. Any tips on how to "prepare" for BK (again)? How can I be sure that I won't have to go Ch 13? Thanks for the input!

Drowning in MI

There are two words that I wish we never had to use here at BKForum... they are "welcome back".

Bankruptcy is necessary in repeat situations. I now know that my parents actually filed twice in the past 10 years because my stepfather liked to gamble. It happens and it happens more frequently as we get older and accumulate more medical debt.

Instead of extending to you a "welcome back", I'd like to extend two different words... "I understand".
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I'm a "welcome backer" too.. it happens.

personal chp7 in 2003
      business chp11 in 2013 converted to chp7 in 2014
      personal chp7 2015

whats crazy is i pay close attention to my fincances, bills set on autopayment so they are never late ,etc.. 1-2% on car loans, cards paid in full every month etc... I use an envelope system to make sure there is always money in the bank to cover monthly expenses..

even with the best intentions life can unwind causing risky financial decisions.

good luck this time around

Comment

The best thing you can do is go meet with a bankruptcy attorney to determine your best course of action and start preparing to file.
        Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

We always make our payments on time too DIS. Just a series of BAD LUCK...I feel like crying (and I'm am NOT a crier!). Today I went and bought a USED car from a reputable dealer with great reviews before my credit tanks (tons of research, saved up cash so the loan wouldn't be as much.)....the darn "check engine" light came on during the drive home. I feel like I just CANNOT catch a break! Where are you located BKAttyMI? Anywhere near southwest MI?

Comment

Drowning, I do handle cases there, although not primarily. You don't have enough total posts for me to private message you. I do have some excellent referrals I can give you.
            Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X