top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodwill letter to Younomics WORKED! - adjusting student loan under pmt arrangement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodwill letter to Younomics WORKED! - adjusting student loan under pmt arrangement

I was on a 6 month, reduced payment plan for my private student loan (admin'd by UAS Echo) and learned several months after I'd been on it that my acct was being reported past due the entire time, and the difference (between my regular payment amount and the lower payment arrangement amount) was considered and being reported on my credit as PAST DUE for all of those months! I called UAS Echo, got the run-around, even spoke to a supervisor, but was ultimately told the entire 'past-due' amount would have to be paid in full before my acct would be considered current again, certainly, absolutely no mention of them adjusting the "past-due" credit reporting for the prior months.

I was devastated. I had no idea, when I took on the payment arrangement... And fresh out of bankruptcy, this is certainly not what I needed. But, thanks to some internet searching, I learned that people have sometimes had luck with sending "goodwill letters"... so I contacted Younomics (the actual lender) directly - by email, because they have no phone number, and plead my case. Explained my financial situation (post-BK, and why) and why I'd taken on the payment arrangement, also pointed out that I'd always been on time with the payments under the arrangement, etc, etc, and - they contacted UAS Echo for me, told them to remove the 'past-due' amount from my acct (I didn't have to pay it back first! Although it was added to the back of the loan, I'm sure), and told UAS Echo to adjust the months that were reported "past-due" to the credit bureaus!!!

I am floored... Just wanted to share in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar bind. Hope it can help!

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X