top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Attorney is getting ready to file BK7....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Attorney is getting ready to file BK7....

Holy mother of god with these HUGE paperwork I had to find make copies and follow Attorney's clear checklist and finally handed over 5 tons (I mean 75+ pages) folder to him last week.

With that behind me and my Attorney said everything seems to be in order and he will ask me for any concerns or clarifications via e-mails or text as soon as he doubles and triple checks before next week's appointment to go thru everything, sign and I believe once I sign it, he'll electronically file it from his office? is that true?

The only thing I will reaffirm is obviously my auto loan which I need to commute for work and that my job requires me to help at other locations from time to time. My vehicle is in excellent shape and always been paid on time.

Other thing is the PLUS loan (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Student) which is my kid which I believe won't be discharged (it is only in my name).

The rest should be discharged. I wouldn't care if R.C. Willey gets their asses over and pick up their defect furniture all they want (will they? or how common will household charge card company get their household stuff back purchased with it?) Even it's some stained with dog fluid and hairs! (I've sold some stuff a while back in order to pay for food, rent, etc... which at that time I wasn't thinking about filing for BK!)

Anyone can recommend the BEST way to rebuild credit? Preferably STEP by STEP (I used to have a credit score of 812 not even a year ago to now 450ish when divorce went thru, illness and illegal job suspension which will be taken care of by a group of co-workers including me that were out of pay for nearly 2 months...THAT nailed my decision to file for BK7!) I am NOT looking for more credit cards! just a couple for the purpose to rebuild my own credit scores with a goal of buying a SMALL home for myself in what 2 or 3 years? the rest will be purchased with cash because credit is one f**king evil and ex-wife's bad habit of charging up our joint accounts!!! Ugh! Sorry for dry humor!

Originally posted by postie View Post
    Holy mother of god with these HUGE paperwork I had to find make copies and follow Attorney's clear checklist and finally handed over 5 tons (I mean 75+ pages) folder to him last week.
    I had 4000 + pages........
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      I had 4000 + pages........
      What the....Seriously?!?!?!

Comment

Try reading the stickies in the Rebuilding Credit forum: http://www.bkforum.com/forumdisplay....uilding-Credit

Yes, your attorney will electronically file your petition after you sign it.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Check with your bank...some offer set amount deposit accounts created just for the reason of boosting credit (I know BMO is one that has these accounts).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X