New Credit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Credit Card

Amazing::: I was discharged Monday and got approved for a Capital One Quicksilver card with $2000 limit. Although I am a little nervous about having a credit card I will NEVER get back in the bind that I was in before filing.
    There is life after bankruptcy

The Quicksilver has been a great card for me. Congratulations and always pay in full!
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Pay in full every month. But also make sure you use it monthly, under 10% of your credit limit ($200) preferably. That way, they will be reporting it as an active account being paid on time. The way I do it is to simply use my CC for gas money and that's it. Obviously not applicable if you spend a ton of money on gas.

Comment

I have a capital one also. Good opportunity to build credit. Although the interest is RIDICULOUS, it doesn't matter because I pay the balance in full every month. I recently got some voice mails talking about an opportunity to reduce the interest rate. I would have thought they do that automatically, but maybe not. I'm going to call to see what it involves.

Comment

BTW, my Capital One card is 22.9%, $3k limit, interest free until November 2015

Interest free is tempting to some, but if you get a similar offer and your goal is to increase your credit score, don't do it--pay in full every month.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X