What this site means to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What this site means to me...

It makes me feel like I am not the only one. It gives me guidence. It also gives me hope and confidence that I am doing the right thing. I see others filing that are not as bad off as we are and some that are worse. To everyone that contributes, you knowledge offers a level of peace.
    I have made my fair share of mistakes. But I also started out on a bad note. I had $10,000 in medical bills that I could not afford the payments on being on minimum wage. By putting the balance on cc I could at least have lower payments. It took me 10 years to get diagnosed. I have a disease that qualifies for disability but chose meds (not good to take too long term) and gained the ability to walk a write again. My disease is very rare and the meds will only work for so long. Then I have to decide on brain surgery or disability. The kicker is I live in an area without a neurologist qualified to treat me long term. My option is to go into Chicago to an out of network dr.
    My goals in filing are:
    1. See a dr
    2. Save for my daughters college. Once I was diagnosed and treated, I couldn't get to college fast enough! It was something I thought I could physically never do. Same goes with having my daughter! I paid for all my schooling and don't want her to have to do the same.
    3. To sleep again. The insomnia that comes with this much debt is unbearable.
    I pray every night I can file a 7. This would give me the fresh start I have never in my life.

I know that this is a lengthy post, but I true lily want to say thank you to everyone putting themselves out ther!

You are on the right track and this site offers so much for all that care to participate. Read everything you can here, educate yourself on bankruptcy, knowledge is power. Treat your financial life as a business, you must make business decisions to survive and move on. Take the emotion out of it and react as a business, you will become stronger for it.

Be willing to make the necessary lifestyle changes that come along with filing and getting that fresh start, no more credit, live well below your means, have health insurance in place (especially in your case), adapt to a budget, keep life simple. Living simple is a blessing, the stress melts away, so do not hang on to things that bring stress (trying to pay for homes, cars, things etc) and take on a "cash hoarder" attitude. I cannot express the difference it makes in the quality of your life.

Comment

I will say this: I haven't had a bout of depression or despair since I filed. I had many prior to that, thougt not all were due to debt.

Comment

Originally posted by switch625 View Post
        I will say this: I haven't had a bout of depression or despair since I filed.
        That is excellent news! Keep up your positive attitude!
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X