Well...Just filed it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well...Just filed it!

My attorney just filed it right after I signed the paperwork few days ago.

-No more phone calls!

-My auto loan which I am reaffirming suddenly suspended my online access Although they said I can continue making paying voluntary to the address they provided which means U.S. Mail, not online bill pay as I always did. I just hope that Bankruptcy court will approve this reaffirmation to my auto loan.

-341 Meeting is set

-Now I got flurrying of Debt Management course required while in BK7 (I've done pre-BK filing) but my attorney said to ignore ALL of them since she has free code to use one of them which is good!

-Question: "The presumption of abuse does not arise" What does this mean when creditors sees this? does this mean my 341 meeting should go okay?

Thanks and yes, my shitload of stuff suddenly lifted off my shoulders now but still nervous till I pass 341 meeting and getting the discharge papers!

I just filed on 3/20. The assumption is based on the fact that you are not lying or hiding assets.if your not then ur 341 meeting should be ok. My meeting date is 4\16

Comment

Acutally, "the presumption of abuse does not arise" means that you passed the means test. If you see this on PACER or the notice of BK, it is based only on what is reported on your means test as filed, and isn't conclusive. The trustee could claim that your means test was completed incorrectly and that the presumption of abuse does arise.

It has nothing to do with whether you are lying or hiding assets. That would be fraud which is never presumed. It has to be proven. But, it is true that if you didn't lie on your petition or try to hide assets, your 341 should be ok.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X