Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Lime

How did you handle the most complex of your cases and how did you get through it?

I planned it for two years, learning all I could so if I ever needed to, I could go it alone.

Every "free" lawyer consult refused my case as I have royalties from books and want to get the stud ent loan stress off my back. 25 years in repayment, the amount owed has tripled, and unless I can pay $2k a month, they won't go away for another 23 years, then I'll get hit with an unattainable tax bill. After a year, my books are obsolete thus no royalties from them. A zero dollar asset.

i watched the time line realizing that my last IRA deposit had to be six months in advance of filing any bankruptcy in my state of AZ. I have a lemon car which continually breaks things to spite me. If I can sell it, I can refinance its replacement to an affordable level.

I read through Dave Ramsey, Brian Tracy, Tony Robbins, Tim Ferris, Suze Orman, and Richard Kiyosaki. I learned about the 5 Stages of Financial Grief through Ramsey. Suze has a free money course on her site with code MONEYMAG, good for basics and how to get the emergency fund going after filing. Brian Tracy is good for goals. Tony Robbins for how to invest in the retirement accounts. All have strengths and weaknesses, for example, the Bible tells us to pay debts, then says later every 7 years debts should be forgiven.

And what I really learned is money is just business. If my employers can pull revolving door bankruptcies and kill my pay and benefits any time they feel like it, why should I be emotional over their handing me a bag of excretement for compensation when I'd been and would still work diligently for them? And if the illegal criminal who deliberately caused me harm can get free care and his kids get free college educations, why should I not dig myself out of the hole he caused? Thus I use the rules to compensate for the loss of income, extraordinary costs of health care post-collision, multiple appeals required for what should have been covered emergency care, and inability to work, as well as have disability cover nowhere near what is needed to satisfy debts?

so I'm in for the long haul, hopefully not too long for the main part, don't know on the student loan part.

hope this helps.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X