Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trustee's final report

I was told at my 341 meeting that the trustee would take my tax refund and distribute to creditors. I received the trustee's final report earlier this month and wondering, if there is ever an instance where the creditors don't receive a distribution and does any portion of that money come back to you? I guess what I'm asking is, if the trustee has listed the creditors who may receive proposed distributions, does it mean, more than likely those creditors filed to get some money back? The trustee took more than half for his fees. How would I know for sure if the creditors did indeed get paid a portion?

If a properly listed creditor fails to file a claim they lose forever their right to collect money on that estate, and your debt to them is discharged just the same. The allowed claims are paid to your creditors with the nonexempt resources you paid. So one or more creditors not filing simply means the other creditors get more money. And I thought trustees fees were capped at 25% + $60?

Comment

• momto4k
      momto4k commented
      Editing a comment
      My tax refund was $1800, the trustee took $1100 for his fees the rest ($700) for possible distribution to creditors.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X