Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post CHAPTER 7 and getting back on track

Hi all,

Just wanted to give an update on my situation and let you know there is LIFE after discharge and I am so relieved of not having debt! My credit score on CK is now 685 I think pre is was like 500? it was low! I was pre-approved so far for an Ulta card, ladies we all know this can be dangerous! but I pay in full every month, and limit myself to 50.00 per month there! I was just pe-approved for an OLLO mastercard, no fees! but the interest rate is 25% (my Ulta is 27%) however I am limiting myself to only buying groceries which I would buy anyway, putting that money aside and paying in full. my goal of course is 740!! - with a plan to buy a new car soon, within the next 6 months.

I also made myself an excel spreadsheet, and track every single penny! It really helps me budget for the month.

To make extra money, I have a part time job after work (ti was through my best friend at her job, so back when I filed for S's and giggles I asked her if they needed help and well lo and behold they did, it was only supposed to be thru April, but now she is saying this January it may end because they are switching to a new system which may not require my services, but it is helping out) they are very flexible with their hours which is perfect I do about an hour and 15-30 ,mins after work (it's only 5 mins away from my current job) and I work about 8 hours on the weekends.
    I also sell my old clothing and my clothing I never took tags off that have been in my closet forever , on resale apps (not sure if I am allowed to say which platform but its extra money here and there)

And I saved money by switching my car insurance! its now 330.00 less for this 6 month period!
    It kinda stinks they base your car insurance on credit scores and not your driving record!

My discharge was May 15!
    So if anyone is on the fence or afraid to file chapter 7 - don't be. I mean mine was pretty easy as I don;t own a home (live with my boyfriend) have no assets etc.

Hope everyone else doing well too!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X