military secret clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

military secret clearance

my employer has several government contracts that require secret clearance( I assume mostly because one will be working on a military base) ....How does filing BK affect the possibility of passing the clearance?

Short answer, it really doesn't.

It is a "factor" in the overall review, but it is NEVER the deciding factor. Also, for plain vanilla secret clearance, that is not a very high standard.
    Last edited by HHM; 12-24-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

My husband had high security clearance as he did very high level contract work at at a major military base prior to our filing. We filed Chapter 13 prior to the expiration of his clearance and they would not renew his clearance due to the bankruptcy - he was told that specifically. This was in 2002. It may or may not be a factor to others as this is just one example but filing bankruptcy is just one of their reasons for non-renewal (i.e., felony arrest, etc.).

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

When completing your security clearance there is a spot on the form that will ASK the applicant if there had been a previous or current Bankruptcy. I just finished doing my wife's updated application and put down all of the FACTS, CIRCUMSTANCES and STATUS in the dialogue box. She got her application reviewed and upgraded to a higher level clearance. It is all about INTEGRITY and SINCERITY.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X