Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to wait from last payment?

Hello,

My Chapter 13 60-month mark was 11/29/20 and I made final payment on 10/10/20. I already emailed my attorney so just waiting to hear back - he's emailed the Trustee. The funny thing is the Trustee office sent me their yearly audit and it was all paid up - wonder if they saw that.

How long do I expect to wait in Northern California for the final numbers and discharge?

I just need to know when to start paying the student loans and if they'll even talk to me without the official discharge.

Welcome to BKForum.

There's no way to really tell because of changes in the workplace and generally the auditing requirements for your particular case. I tell people that they should wait 30-90 days for discharge and closing of a Chapter 13.

You should have start paying non-discharged items as soon as your discharge is entered. If you have PACER I suppose you can follow the case, but it will be up to the Trustee to issue the notice of final payment and eventually the final report.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you! I’ve been lurking for years...so glad to close this chapter soon.

Like all at the finish line, I’ve become obsessed with Pacer and NDC for that matter.

Appreciate your insight!

Comment

2/2 sent another email to lawyer and he said trustee to work on file report (email dated 12/20).

My Q: if road to discharge is this long, will closing take even longer too?

But I guess I can start paying SL after discharge?

Comment

For a discharge, the Trustee only has to file a Notice of Plan Completion. That is different from the Final Report (required for closing).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X