Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texster18 View Post
    I am three months post discharge (chapter 7). I had excellent payment history with Cap One and Discover plus other cards but went for bankruptcy due to some past creditors trying to sue me in court. I just didn't have $10K plus (with negotiating) to satisfy them (plus no ability to get a loan to pay them off) so.....anyways. Here I am, trying to get one secured card to help jumpstart rebuilding my credit, went to CO and Disc and they flatly say NADA. I did the prequalify on both sites (to save hard inquiries off my credit report) and also chatted with reps and even sent letters with replies back firmly stating, "due to past account with CO/Disc we are unable to approve any type of card for you". Well that was just a slap in my face. I wanted to reaffirm those debts but my lawyer told me I could not reaffirm any cc debt. OK, I did what I was told. I know my FICO on one report is 615 and other other two is around 650-660, that in itself shocked the crap out of me as I was 540 just prior to filing chap 7 back at beginning of summer). I am a member of a credit union and have been for 15 years, but they do not offer any type of secured credit card. Sorry I am just being whiny here folks. I get great info off of this site and love reading experiences of others. Thanks for listening.
    You might have to bite the bullet and apply to CreditOne and pay an annual fee. Based on score alone, you should be able to get a card. Do you have anyone trustworthy that has good credit and can add you as an authorized user?

Comment

Oh I wouldn't think of asking any of my pals to put me on their credit card as an authorized user. Half of them don't even know I filed Chap7. No family to ask on adding me either. Thanks for the suggestion though. I guess at this point I will just keep on paying cash for everything. I will look in the Credit One and see what happens there. Thanks all!

Comment

Its been almost a year since I got my discharge. Does this date hold significance. Its been a year and haven't gotten any real credit besides some store cards and a first premiere card. I still really want a capital one card but I burned them during my bk.( see my initial post) I have a kohl's card from them though. Any experience in this before I try to fill out an application and get rejected once again Thanks!!

Comment

ashley90 CapOne may not like you, but the only way to find out is to try the prequalification tool. If you're on their black list, then applying shouldn't ding your credit report, as they'll immediately return a message stating that you did not fulfill prior obligations. At least that is what they did to me.

Why do you "really" want a CapOne card? There are other banks that are more generous, especially credit unions.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

From all my reading is seems to me random on who gets approved when.

I recently got approved for Capitol One 2 days after discharge. Citi and Discover rejected me though. Waiting for funds transfer to complete so I can apply for Navy FCU.

I had no accounts with them so they did not get burned by me.

Comment

I got approved from Cap One two days after discharge. I may try the secured Discover Card later on, by my spouse and I each had their cards and burned them. After 5 years of cash and carry and Ch 13 living, I only want enough credit access to rebuild credit and for emergencies.
              Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

Comment

I was approved for both Capitol One and Credit One 2weeks post BK 13 DC.Low limits but I'm ok with that.I checked Capitol one prequalifier first before applying.I did burn them in my BK but not for a large amount.I also prequalified for a Discover secured card but will wait on that one.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X