top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$18,000 Left on my CH13 & Just Less Than 2 years left, Might Lose my Job....advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$18,000 Left on my CH13 & Just Less Than 2 years left, Might Lose my Job....advice?

To make a long story short, the job I've been at since 2018 is starting to crumble! This new DOS (Director of Sales) is basically having her Managers, including mine, Micro Manage sales reps, basically they are getting ANY dirt on reps like myself to build a case against them, and to flat out put them on disciplinary action, basically fired. I spoke to other Managers that I know for years, in total I've been with this company since the late 2000's. It's super annoying that this new head honcho is also really good friends with MY Manager at the store. Even if I went to HR, this new DOS Manager can squash that, and see WHO complained!

We do have a Union out here, but honestly it's small in Arizona, not as big as the representation back in New York/New Jersey.

So let's say worst case scenario, if they get me fired, what do you think is the best thing for me to do? I have $17,000 in my 401K, and $7,000 in my bank account which is combined Checking/Savings. Convert to a Chapter 7? That's what I was thinking. The MEAT of my plan is paying off my 2017 Truck, I would lose that if I did a Chapter 7. I work in Retail, since 1998, I don't have any actual trade skills, or anything, just a High School Diploma. My job is in Retail Cell Phones, so I can always work for other companies like Verizon, Tmobile etc. I always wanted to try my hand at car sales, because I'm very good at selling, but I don't know to be honest if that business would suit me. Who knows.

It's just so annoying that ALL OF A SUDDEN this Tyrant of a Manager comes to my area, and is cutting people out. I have friends in Management and they flat out told me they don't like how she is doing things, like she is on a power trip!

I guess the one good savings grace is that my area where I live is super populated and GROWING! There's jobs to be had only a few miles away, but most jobs only pay enough to cover my rent which is $1200 a month, and I'd have to live on rice and beans NOT exaggerating. I'd lose my Truck doing a Chapter 7 which would suck. I can always buy a cheap Motorcycle or Scooter to commute, glad I got my Motorcycle Endorsement years back on my License.

Sorry if this is partly a rant, it just annoys me that I've been through so much as a roller coaster ride in the first 3 years of my 5 year plan, and NOW I got this new situation that's pretty much out of my control. Basically I have 3 Managers that are scared to lose their jobs, so when Sales Numbers are bad, they write up Sales Reps to show this new Director of Sales that it's OUR Fault for the bad numbers, basically if a customer doesn't want a certain product, they say "rep didn't do his/her job". Totally Toxic work environment.

Franco , you are entitled to rant - I certainly have and will continue to do so!
    I'm sure justbroke, shipo and others will answer your technical questions, but if you are laid off, you need to ask yourself ,do you really want to stay where you are? Do you love your location's weather? Are you in a relationship or do you have friends? Would you be willing to relocate for a better paying job with a less toxic work environment? Are you having health issues there? Do you have any ties there once your lease ends since you only rent?
    In our case, until our BK13 ends early next years we are trapped in the second house we bought in Colorado. Only then can we sell the house along with the leased solar panels on it and move away. We have zero friends only medical providers! My current medical woes (costing $500+ per month) will continue until I am allowed to leave here.
    My husband may be able to transfer with his current company, an option we can't explore until a little later when we know more about the areas of the state where the jobs exist. Otherwise, it's a new job for him.
    So, as you can see you are so much more free to change your situation now if you choose.
    Good Luck!

Comment

Thank You! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I took the high road, and I'm playing "Politics" with them. I'm not letting myself get stressed out, this seriously helps my blood pressure no lie! I've been going along, and getting along with them. I'm going to just weather the storm, one of my favorite sayings. I know these managers will be gone in 6-12 months, so I'm just going to hang in there for now.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X