top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BK came off credit report early, will it come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK came off credit report early, will it come back?

I pay for experian credit works and watch my credit scores carefully via it and other banking apps which include it. I noticed my Experian score jumped over 70 points the other day and also noticed my BK from 2015 which was dismissed disappeared from that report, yet still shows on the other two reports. One report even says the BK is due to be removed 2025. Anyone have any idea why Experian would drop it early? And is there a chance it'll come back too? I've been wanting to buy a house and have been waiting for the BK to fall off, not sure if now is the time or if this was a fluke.

No clue as to why Experian would drop it early. Normally a dismissed bankruptcy would come off 10 years after the filing date. So I don't know why.

Here's my thread on what happened to me, but I had a discharge in a Chapter 13.
    So, here's some things I have learned as my Chapter 13 aged off my account: Assuming that the debtor filed a Chapter 13 on May 28, 2014. Assuming that 7 years from May 28, 2014 is May 28, 2021. (For a Chapter 7 it would be 10 years from May 28, 2014 which is May 28, 2024. The same early exclusion periods would apply at 6

I can tell you this. Even if the bankruptcy doesn't show on your credit report, it will show on a LexisNexis Risk Report, or a SageStream Risk Report. Mine doesn't show, but my lender saw it on the Risk Report and asked about it. However, my mortgage was discharged in my 2010 bankruptcy and Fannie Mae has an awesome exception.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X