Just Made Payment #59-n-doin-fine. Final Payment Imminent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Made Payment #59-n-doin-fine. Final Payment Imminent

Just made payment #59 due on January 10, 2022. We will make the final payment on or shortly after January 11, 2022.
    Although the attorney suggested we could pay this off early, and everyone would be happier if we did <his words not mine heh... hm now what does that mean LOL>, we decided to err on the side of caution and just stick to one payment per monthly cycle.
    If we made the final payment early, we reason the trustee could say, well, you're only allowed to do one payment per month. So you need to make an additional payment after January 11 2022 then we'll refund you. Yes, I know this sounds illogical but, why take the risk?
    Anyway. Happy New Year 2022 everyone!

I agree with your plan; my attorney recommended I make my 60th payment a week after my 59th to give the penultimate payment time to get posted first.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

HNY! I also just made payment #59 on December 21! One more to go!

I hadn't considered paying it early, but I suppose I could. I am on autopay through TFS. Should I pay it now manually and just turn off the autopay through TFS?

Comment

Congratulations.I’m so happy you’re at the end. Time to celebrate!!!
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by newlife13 View Post
          HNY! I also just made payment #59 on December 21! One more to go!

I hadn't considered paying it early, but I suppose I could. I am on autopay through TFS. Should I pay it now manually and just turn off the autopay through TFS?
          That's what I did; turned off autopay and sent the final check. That said, I kinda-sorta pulled a fast one on my Trustee; during my Chapter 13 I didn't know about TFS so after going to the post office for Money Orders for a year I took a chance and sent a check to my Trustee via my bank's Online Bill Pay; the check was accepted and I paid the next 48 months (plus an extra for a tax refund) via my bank.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
            That's what I did; turned off autopay and sent the final check. That said, I kinda-sorta pulled a fast one on my Trustee; during my Chapter 13 I didn't know about TFS so after going to the post office for Money Orders for a year I took a chance and sent a check to my Trustee via my bank's Online Bill Pay; the check was accepted and I paid the next 48 months (plus an extra for a tax refund) via my bank.
            My trustee has an ACH option that they initiate and you can't control the timing. Seems like the clever thing you did is initiate the ACH from the bank's billpay and save on the TFS middle-man fee and you can schedule it to maintain more control. I think the trustee knows it came from ACH and it is not as good because they mention putting a hold that could last as long as 30 days. So for the 60th payment, I'd do a TFS Bill Pay, TFS MoneyGram, cashier's check, or money order so there is no hold and you can get your case closed ASAP.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone!
              Ours is not an automatic payment; rather, we manually make the payment each month with the final check of the month. The trustee has no direct access to our bank account and cannot withdraw any funds from it.
              So, I suppose we have been paying the TFS fees all these years ($2 extra dollars per transaction) but at least we don't have to worry about shutting down the ACH now.
              The gravy train stops........... very soon LOL!

Comment

Hey Barbisi and Zombie13,

I hope you two are safe and doing well as you finish out your plan. With all the news of the Colorado wildfires recently, I could only hope that you'd be spared this final insult.

And it's great to see that you have only one payment remaining - after you make it and then get your discharge that feeling of relief is indescribable.

Congrats to you both for your perseverance in completing a 13 with the worst trustee imaginable!

Comment

Congrats Congrats Congrats!!!!! So close to the finish line!!!!

Our payment is taken from our payroll, we didn't have an option that is how we have to pay it so the payments will continue until the last one...
                  I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Thank you, VolFan and Carmella!
                    Yes, VolFan, the winter wildfires (about 50+miles north of us), were a catastrophic shock to everyone here, but the first bitter blast of near negative zero temps with a dumping of snow the following day rectified everything, according to the locals: "I'd rather die here than live anywhere else" some of them have told me and since year-round wildfires are the "new normal" here, they are perfectly OK with that. So Sad!!! (Even California and Oregon, the two states the Coloradans usually blame for their frequent wildfires and ensuing unhealthy, toxic smog, are done until summer, but not the not-so-Great State of Colorado LOL!)
                    Well, when we can finally sell out and leave here forever the 12-year Colorado Calamity will end at least.
                    Carmella, you are always so empathetic and understanding. You really get where our frustration is coming from.
                    I wish you could pay as we have done all these years.
                    It does give you a small measure of control, but you always have to remember to "schedule" the amount in your mind and never forget to pay before the due date.
                    Last edited by Barbisi; 01-03-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Thank you VolFan an and Carmella a. Yep; re: trustee... "Trustee-Zilla" comes to mind. All joking aside, I understand they have a job to do - doesn't mean we have to like it though.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X