Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A month after Chapter 13 Discharge

Ok, Im at a loss. There is so much information out there. So where do I start. I want to get my credit up to try and get a mortgage maybe in 2020. But other than that I dont want to be having a lot of cards. Maybe just one. Any suggestions? Secured, non, who will approve me.. What steps do I take next???

If you wait till the 3 months after discharge..you can try capital one. They are bk friendly and may give you a non-secured card. Good luck! Also, i'm sure you already know, but you could
    try and get an FHA mortgage now. They don't use your BK against you...they will ask you a question or two about why it happened but but the Bk is not a disqualifying factor.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Head on over to the MyFico forums. Tons of good info for rebuilding. Any idea what your current Fico scores are? Unfortunately to get credit you need to use credit. If you don't currently have a card you can try Capital One and Discover to see if you qualify for a card without a hard pull. If you don't qualify for a unsecured card you can start with a secured card or two, keep the utilization under 8% and open a shared secured loan with a credit union or self lender.

Comment

I got a Cap One, weeks after discharge and an Ollo 3 days after before the CapOne. Both unsecured. Also, in the process of getting an FHA mortgage. Approved by 2 different lenders. Found a local bank that does it too.

Comment

I've been researching credit rebuilding. So I decided what the heck and see if I was pre-qualified for a CapOne CC. It said I was and then read the section on their disclosure statement what would disqualify me. Non-discharged BK was one of them. I did not burn CapOne and I have a CapOne bank account too. Well I got approved for a platinum CC with a 2K credit line two days post discharge! People who post on this rebuilding credit have said that your mileage may vary (or YMMV as they like to say) when it comes to the rebuilding credit efforts. I'm truly stunned, but happy.
          Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X