Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BubbaJoeBob
    replied
    *B* is alive and well with TU and EQ, But beware of *C* which can happen on EQ.

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by BubbaJoeBob View Post
    Wrong.....
    I do not try to get bumpage, so I have no idea first hand if the vulnerabilities are fixed or not. I was merely repeating what I had read on other boards. Perhaps you can answer the OP's questions then regarding bumpage.

Leave a comment:

• BubbaJoeBob
    replied
    Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
    Transunion and Equifax have fixed these vulnerabilities anyway and "bumpage" no longer works consistently.
    Wrong.....

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by propertyusms View Post
    Say I wanted to attempt this "bumpage" where would I go to begin soft inquiries on Equifax?
    I have no idea. There are other credit boards that deal with these types of questions better. Do a google search with this type of question and you should land in a place that has better answers than I can give you.

Leave a comment:

• propertyusms
    replied
    Say I wanted to attempt this "bumpage" where would I go to begin soft inquiries on Equifax?

Inquiries cannot legally be disputed if the inquiry is a result of you personally applying for credit. The above poster is referring to a practice called "bumpage" where you flood your report with a bunch of soft inquiries in order to "bump" the hard inquiries. This is done by exploiting weaknesses in the file size limits on Transunion and Equifax. My research on other boards, suggests that Transunion and Equifax have fixed these vulnerabilities anyway and "bumpage" no longer works consistently.

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by propertyusms View Post
    ??? Don't understand
    Inquiries cannot legally be disputed if the inquiry is a result of you personally applying for credit. The above poster is referring to a practice called "bumpage" where you flood your report with a bunch of soft inquiries in order to "bump" the hard inquiries. This is done by exploiting weaknesses in the file size limits on Transunion and Equifax. My research on other boards, suggests that Transunion and Equifax have fixed these vulnerabilities anyway and "bumpage" no longer works consistently.

Leave a comment:

• propertyusms
    replied
    ??? Don't understand

Leave a comment:

• BubbaJoeBob
    replied
    *B* is your friend with TU and EQ......

Leave a comment:

• propertyusms
    replied
    I understand the risk associated with disputing inquiries. My question simply is, has anyone disputed any with Equifax and had them removed? I spoke with a CSR at equifax who said I couldn't dispute inquiries, yet federal law states that inquiries can be disputed.

Disputing inquiries is a very risky thing to do. You may end up with un-removable fraud alerts and freezes on all of your credit reports if you dispute inquiries. It is definitely true that you cannot dispute the inquiries if you in fact applied for credit and that is why the inquiries are there.

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Disputing inquiries is a very risky thing to do. You may end up with un-removable fraud alerts and freezes on all of your credit reports if you dispute inquiries. It is definitely true that you cannot dispute the inquiries if you in fact applied for credit and that is why the inquiries are there.

Leave a comment:

• propertyusms
    started a topic Disputing Items

Disputing Items

Hey Guys!

I was curious, I have dedicated alot of time to cleaning up my credit report after my bankruptcy. I had a ton of inquiries on all three of my credit reports. I wrote and disputed all of the inquiries and accounts with the three bureaus. TransUnion and Experian have removed the majority of the inquiries. (TransUnion only has one inquiry on file and Experian if I remember correctly has four, this is down from 20+ on each). Yet Equifax hasn't seemed to remove or correct anything from my credit report. I called Equifax and the fraud department lady told me that I can not dispute inquiries. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Brandon

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X