Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TXskyblue
    replied
    I really like my clothes to smell good, though. Not just clean, but good. Yeah it's perfumes but still I like it.

I recently got some Downey Unstoppables - they're just perfume crystals. Love 'em.

Leave a comment:

• frogger
    replied
    We actually had a problem with a big name detergent, although I won't say that it was Tide. Itch, itch, itch and a rash. That's when we started making our own.

Leave a comment:

• nioka
    replied
    Here the recipe I use, washing soda, borax, Fels-Naptha which are all available at Wmart. You will need to grate the fels-Naptha bar soap with a common food grater. The quanities are 1/3 each by volume and mix throughly. I use about a half a cup for a full load. It works great and my sheets smell terrific.

A word of caution about buying cheap laundry detergent. I once bought the cheap stuff, $6 for a huge container at a dollar store, and it was a major mistake. Shortly after I started using this stuff I began to itch all over. Not realizing what was causing the itch I went to my MD who misdiagnosed it as Scabbies. Two weeks later and misreable with the treatment I began to look at other causes. I remembered I had just bought this cheap detergent. The following day I went out and got the regular detergent I was using and rewashed everything. The misreable body itch dissipated.

Leave a comment:

• frogger
    replied
    We have been doing this for several years. Saves a lot of money and does a good job.

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    started a topic Cheap Laundry Soap

Cheap Laundry Soap

You can make your own laundry detergent at home using baking soda, borax, and a ground up bar of laundry soap, mix it together in a closed plastic container, and I have tried it and it works great in my washing machine. And it is great for sensitive skin because there are no added dyes or perfumes in it.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X