Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling house 100 percent plan

We are about 2 years in on a 100% plan.
    If we sell our house we will profit between $10,000 to $20,000 after paying off 1st and 2nd mortgage. Does anyone know what happens with this extra money? Does it have to go directly into the plan? Do we get to keep it?

I have my attorney looking into all this and he will be getting back to me. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this or knows anything about it?

It could go either way. Would $10-$20K payoff your plan?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No. It would not payoff the plan.

Comment

You could negotiate with the Trustee to keep some or all of it. In some Districts/States, the proceeds are protected (exempt) if you use them on another homestead within a certain period of time. I don't know if Wisconsin has those protections.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          We are about 2 years in on a 100% plan.
          If we sell our house we will profit between $10,000 to $20,000 after paying off 1st and 2nd mortgage. Does anyone know what happens with this extra money? Does it have to go directly into the plan? Do we get to keep it?

I have my attorney looking into all this and he will be getting back to me. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this or knows anything about it?
          Can you exempt that using a homestead exemption?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X