A post to appreciate the great people on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A post to appreciate the great people on here

On April 1, I was faced with a summons for a CC debt. I have never been to court, or have knowledge of the law or my rights. The first 2 weeks were spent in denial, despair, and isolation with this problem. Friends and family was apathetic so depression and desperation were my new roomies.

I searched around for solutions but everything was bits and pieces from attorney websites. I am dead broke, no income, no real assets, so paying for private legal help is a luxury. I figured I will need a lawyer at some point but i have to make the effort to educate myself so I can evaluate the quality of help.

So I searched , read, followed so many rabbit holes. Slowly a picture was forming. Legal terms were becoming understandable. Books gave a good lay of the land (mines) ahead. Forms and procedure were making sense. B

But I didnt have the support group, that i didnt know i needed.

Until i found this site...and the trove of information people have posted. Plus the almost real time help from JustBroke (the WIZARD!!) and others.

I want to say from the bottom of my heart how absolutely grateful I am for this website and you all.

You have given me hope, confidence, knowledge, and courage to not be a victim but be a victor!

I am truly indebted to you all.I will contribute back with the lessons I learn along the way

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

It's tough. Where you are right now, overwhelmed, trying to learn as much as you can, is where I was about 5 days after I received my summons for a foreclosure. I thought I had to be out in 20 days. I thought many things. I even moved to avoid an eviction from a foreclosure. I had no clue the process of foreclosure and I discovered bankruptcy (Chapter 13) by accident. I found this forum, but cobbled together an emergency skeleton petition. The rest is history.

It's a lot to learn on short notice, but what I learned is that everything didn't happen as fast as I thought. I learned that bankruptcy was a tool for me to use to reorganize my debts and pay back my arrears.

I didn't know everything then, and I don't know everything now.

BKForum humbled me and I have been here with great people for the last 12 years.

It's truly a journey and although we feel overwhelmed or even embarrassed, we always feel home at here. No judgments, no preconceptions, just a bunch of ordinary folk trying to get by. Most of us are... just... broke.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am also grateful to JustBroke and everyone else on this site. BK is one of life's most stressful events and I am grateful to be able to come here. Not everyone understands if they have not been through it or aren't in the process. They may mean well, but it is not the same as talking with folks who have been through it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X