Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is our day!!

I am a nervous wreck, but today is our meeting. 3:00! I called the lawyers office yesterday to make sure there were no surprises or anything we need to be concerned about and she said no.. be there at 3:00 and have ID and SS card. I know everyone says it’s not that bad.. but until this is over I’m not gonna be able to rest well. I’ll be back with how it went. Wish us luck and please remember us at 3:00 today!!

Sending good thoughts for you!

Comment

It is finally over (well until we are now discharged)!!!

Our meeting went better than I ever expected. We were in a group of maybe 12-14 other people/couples. We got there maybe 20 mins early. We waited and waited for our lawyer to show up but he hadn’t by 3:00. I was getting worried... the trustee had everyone come up and grab a paper informing us what was to be expected of us such as if someone passes away and we inherit property and that we would be held accountable for lying under oath (that type stuff). He read over that paper with everyone as a group and explained exactly what he was going to be looking at and asking us. To make sure we answer honestly and let him know. By 3:10 and by the end of him going over the paper, mine and my husbands lawyer walks in... he starts calling people up.

He only had maybe 7-8 questions and he was done with everyone. The questions were

1.) Is that your signature on the petition?
      2.) Do you own any land or property not listed?
      3.) Do you have any lawsuits or insurance claims open?
      4.) Does anyone owe you any money?
      5.) How much was your tax return (only some were asked this.. we were not)
      6.) Are the vehicles you have listed the only vehicles you own?
      7.) When did you buy your home? How much is it worth? How did you come to the value of your home?
      8.) Did you read over your petition at the lawyers office? Was it correct?

That was pretty much it. He asked everyone the same set of questions. Take a few or less from some. It was such a easy experience. worried for nothing!

any questions I was concerned about he didn’t ask nor even cared about.

my husband was the one who answered the questions and I only had to say that i would have the same answers as him.

he called for creditors at the very end and of course none were there and he said “you’re good to go!”

thank you all for the help and support I got from so many of you!

I can finally get on with my life!!

Comment

YAY!! Glad it went well!! Take five, you've earned it!! Thanks for letting us know!

Mine went the same way, nothing I worried about was asked and everything was just yes or no. The trustee wants to get it done as quickly as possible so he has enough time for everyone.

Go have some ice cream or something to celebrate it being over with!

Comment

That's great! It's nice the trustee when over the paper with the group. We had to read a paper and honestly I didn't really absorb what I was reading since it was such a nerve wracking situation! I wish they would have addressed everyone, but maybe ours had more people because there was more than 1 trustee with a big waiting room and then they would call a group into an office.

Comment

I didn't even get a paper. My trustee just played an MP3 of himself reading the rules at the start of the session that my case was in while he checked his phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kay2017 View Post
              I didn't even get a paper. My trustee just played an MP3 of himself reading the rules at the start of the session that my case was in while he checked his phone.
              We didn't actually get a paper either. They had copies of the paper we had to read it and return it. But we did get a handy dandy red pamphlet with some basic information in it. It is fire engine red and I thought to myself "let's not be discreet about this" If I was reading it in public I felt like it would get attention from people nearby it was so bright and I was glad it fit into my purse!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X