Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP: Chapter 7. Amend reaffirm after sale of vehicle? How to avoid deficency?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AP: Chapter 7. Amend reaffirm after sale of vehicle? How to avoid deficency?

Unable to afford representation filed chapter 7 and proceeding as pro se on adversary and contested matters with a creditor. Creditor is a credit union with security interest in four accts, (1) vehicle; (2) motorcycle; (3) unsecured loan; and (4) credit cards. Vehicle loan was first loan which creates cross-collateral relationship for other accts. Credit union repossessed vehicle with six remaining payments over unresolved dispute of a erroneous/missing payment post. Filed petition with reaffirm on all four accts. 341 meeting with creditor is complete, credit union did not appear. Credit union files for relief of stay on motorcycle, unsecured loan and cc. Learns during negative notice hearing the vehicle had been sold and there's an unknown amount in deficiency.

I've researched and read enough to have reasonable belief the vehicle sale without notice of sale violates state law, as well as, a violation of the automatic stay. Saying to the judge in hearing that the vehicle sale is a violation of stay had no impact. The presiding judge only sought deficiency amount from creditor's counsel. After hearing sought help from several bankruptcy attys to file motion for sanction for violation of stay. Most say claim is solid but won't take case. Various reasons given: sale without notice is not a violation of stay, case too complex, should've come sooner, not guaranteed win to receive atty fees, etc. Most likely reason, I'm currently unemployed??? Note: vehicle sale is fifth violation of stay. Judge did not act on previous notices/motions for violation of stay and motion for reconsideration.

In that it appears at the moment I'll likely be proceeding as PRO SE (although I haven't given up search for representation), I have a few questions, (1) The judge scheduled a second hearing on creditor's relief of stay after failure to make colorable claim in first hearing. I'm in possession of motorcycle is there anything I can do to protect it? Read about a buy-back for estate assets with trustee. Will that work?; (2) Should reaffirm be removed from only the sold vehicle or all accts? and (3) In that the sold vehicle formed basis for other accts cross-collateral relationship does the cross-collateral still technically exists for motorcycle, unsecured loan, and cc?

Thanks in advance,

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X