Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan still shows on Experian

My insurance paid rv off value and was left with deficiency of 64k. This rv was in a BK in 2009 which I didn't reaffirm but continued makings payments never late. This loan does not show on Exquifax or Transunion but recently found out it is on Experian showing 5 months late. Has anybody ever had this happen to them and what did you do? Also never receive statements or any correspondence from bank.

If it was discharged in the bankruptcy, then this is inaccurate reporting. I would file a dispute "first" with the creditor themselves and remind them that reporting is a violation of the permanent discharge injunction.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Is there a form you use to dispute this and should I use a lawyer. Thanks for your help.

Comment

You simply call the creditor and inform them that they are in violation. I would also write a letter stating the same thing to the creditor (via certified mail return receipt requested). I would then, after communicating with the creditor, dispute this with the credit reporting agency (CRA). You can dispute the negative entry with the CRA online and/or in a writing.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

I did what you said and Experian corrected the report . Now recently discovered that Equifax was reporting late on payments with a balance of 60k
          (deficiency balance) . Disputed this Equifax and they completed dispute that didn't change a thing. Plan on calling bank today

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X