top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On the cusp of discharge but still holding my breath.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the cusp of discharge but still holding my breath.

Here's one that is sort of making me nervous...

NDC shows - Completed (Pending Final Report)
    Pacer shows - Debtor Discharged.

Trustee shows - Hey, we have attempted to send you a refund but it keeps getting returned. What gives?

Well, my lawyer just reached out to me to ask if I had changed my residence, which I replied - Yes, I emailed your office over a year ago letting you know of this change.

I received no answer but was receiving 'spammy' correspondence from the office in my new mailbox, so I figured that all was well.
    Now in speaking to a new paralegal (different than the one I had corresponded with many times over the previous years) I get to play the waiting game to find out if a change of address has to be filed with the courts (even though it should have happened a long time ago AND I am 'debtor discharged') or if they can proceed with finalizing and ultimately closing my case.

I would just like this to finally be behind me (please and thank you)

Yes, it's behind you. They are trying to complete the administrative tasks. Trustees are very very particular about a change of address and that it has been filed with the court. I just had a similar issue where they sent me a check without forwarding to an old address. This was despite me providing my new address to the court on my affidavit of domestic support and completion of the financial management class. The Trustee's office said I needed to file a change of address, but they somehow realize that the court has been mailing me at the new address because my address was changed based on the affidavit.

Best of luck to you!

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi...I think justbroke has addressed your concern..so I just want to say Congratulations!!!! You are at the end...good luck going forward!!!!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I just spoke to the paralegal and she did say that they went ahead and submitted my change of address with the courts (just to be safe). Apparently their office had one system that had my new address, but another that was never updated. Either way, I think I am good to go from here!

And thank you for the reassurance JB - And to every other member who is a part of this community.
        Although my post count is 'low' my lurk level has been high. Its been a LONG 5 years, and it feels great to have dropped it off at the curb and ready to watch it grow smaller in my rearview mirror.
        I actually *feel* like I can start moving forward with plans that I had put on hold during this process, to say its a huge relief is an understatement!

Best of luck to everyone else that is or has gone down a similar path to mine.

You CAN do it!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X