IRS Claim in my Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Claim in my Plan

So, when I filed in March of this year, I hadn't paid my taxes yet. I owed them 527.00 dollars. I had actually already filed and just chose to have them take the payment out of my checking account on 4/1/2019. But, since I technically hadn't paid them yet...they submitted a claim that I owed them 527 dollars.
    My attorney told me that since I filed, they wouldn't deduct the money from my checking account... haha... of course they did!

So, fast forward to this month... my plan finally got confirmed. According to NDC website, the trustee just sent 527 dollars to the IRS even though I don't owe them any money. Will the IRS just refund me the money back or will they keep it in credit for my next filing? I will actually end up owing them money again next year, so it would be nice to have a bit of a credit... But I'm pretty sure they don't hold tax money in credit right?

You will need to contact the IRS, remind them of the automatic stay, and demand your money. I would have done this in April, as soon as they took the money the first time.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Well I owed the money and I planned to pay it anyways. I asked my attorney about it and they said they had a bunch of claims against the IRS for taking payments from their clients and hadn't had any resolutions so I could try but it probably wasn't worth the effort. I just wasn't expecting my plan to send them money... so was more asking in general if the IRS holds on to money in credit or if they just normally send you a refund check. Regardless if you're in a BK or not.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X