top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get a job before meeting of creditors (341 meeting)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get a job before meeting of creditors (341 meeting)?

Hello I have been unemployed for many months. I filed on November 20 for chapter 7 bankruptcy.

My 341 meeting was on December 24 but got moved to January 24, 2020.

My brother recently got a job and he said after he passes one month on the job he will try to get me in.

Will it be ok for me to get a job before the 341 meeting and will it affect my bankruptcy?

I am having a lot of anxiety daily and now they moved the meeting until January 24. Please help me I feel really anxious and I am also going without a lawyer because I cant afford one.
    Last edited by depressedbro; 12-05-2019, 07:32 PM.

If anyone can help me with this I would highly appreciate it.

I am from Texas.

Comment

Of course, it is ok to start a new job any time after you file. Do you seriously think that the bankruptcy code requires you to remain poor and unemployed until your case is closed? When you filed, your petition and schedules were based on your income, expenses, assets, and debts on the date of filing. If you were to purchase a winning lottery ticket the day after filing, the trustee couldn't touch that money; they certainly cannot touch the wages from a job which hired you after filing.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
        Of course, it is ok to start a new job any time after you file. Do you seriously think that the bankruptcy code requires you to remain poor and unemployed until your case is closed? When you filed, your petition and schedules were based on your income, expenses, assets, and debts on the date of filing. If you were to purchase a winning lottery ticket the day after filing, the trustee couldn't touch that money; they certainly cannot touch the wages from a job which hired you after filing.
        Thank you for this I have not been able to sleep thinking about it. So far my brother is doing great at his job and he thinks he can get me in later this month.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X