Checking transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking transactions

How far back will the court look at my checking account transactions?
    Why am I so afraid to file?

It is the Trustee that looks at your "financial" story to find inconsistencies. A Chapter 7 Trustee could request 30, 60, 90 days of bank statements. They are looking for large transactions to see if money has been moved around. I suppose they could go back further if they see something interesting. They are also checking to see if what you reported for income is inconsistent with your bank account and/or tax returns. Additionally, the Trustee could learn more about how much was ACTUALLY in your account on the day you filed. In the former case, the Trustee may also ask for a bank statement sometime around the 341 Meeting and demand to see your balances on the day of filing.

It's not intended to be a gotcha. It's intended as a way to trust but verify.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I had to supply 7 months of bank statements. Although not required, my lawyer wanted from when I file to about 5 days out of my 341 meeting of my statements. The extra statements werent a requirement in my state, but required in my neighbor state so he just does them for both as better to have them and not need them in case the trustee wanted them that way the 341 can keep rolling instead of re-meeting. Don't be afraid. File.

Comment

It must be different for each state or case. I was never asked to supply bank statements, only a copy of my statement for balance purposes the day I filed and then again at my 341. Both times just to see how much was in the bank at the time. I never had to give credit card statements of any kind as well. Everyone was afraid to file, you think of a bunch of negative possibilities and outcomes . If this is absolutely what you need to do then go forth and take the steps through the process.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X