QVC order easy pay post filing chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QVC order easy pay post filing chapter 13

I ordered from QVC a wedding ring on easy pay for 6 months. I used my debit card and the purchase went through and I received my item. I found out that they closed my account so I can't pay for the ring. I cannot afford to pay this up front but have made funds in my budget to pay over time. I had to pawn my original wedding ring to help pay for bills while I was filing. My question is, what are they going to do with this ring? Why can't I just pay? If I don't pay, will chapter 13 help from any legal issues? I may end up just sending back since I haven't had for a month.

They are not going to do anything but file a claim in the Chapter 13. I don't know if they'll file a "secured" claim or an "unsecured" claim. The difference between the two are the "secured" claims means that they have rights to the property (the ring) and unsecured means that they have no rights to the ring. If it's unsecured, then they may or may not be paid during the Chapter 13 based on your "disposable monthly income" (DMI).

Do not send back the ring. You must just wait to see what's in your Chapter 13 plan.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, this ring was after the filing process. I don't think they can or should even claim it. It just doesn't make sense.. Ugh.

Comment

No. They would not file a claim. However, they are concerned that you're in the bankruptcy. You will need to call them and ask them what they want you to do. As a condition of most Chapter 13s, debtors are prohibited from incurring any debt. I don't know if the "easy pay" system would be considered debt or credit, but it's a gray area.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have no idea what they want me to do. Still waiting on letter. I don't know if they would consider this a debt.. It was a monthly payment with a debit card that I budgeted what little money I have for it. If they want it back they can have it. All of my dignity is gone anyway, so what if I don't have a wedding ring at this point... It is just icing on my cake of constant disappointment..

Comment

Did QVC say that they are sending you a letter? It is a debt. QVC likely received notice of your bankruptcy and decided to close your account. YOu would need to speek with QVC's bankruptcy department to find further information.

Comment

Yes, I had old debt with them but not this. I am awaiting the letter and the ring is in the box.

Comment

They are likely treating it as the same account that was included in the Chapter 13. I had a similar issue where I used a gas credit card at the pump 2 days after filing. They closed the account and I never had to pay for the gas. I thought I could keep the card. I was not very knowledgeable about bankruptcy 12 years ago!

Comment

I wonder if I have to pay for it then? I have no idea what is going on.. I am just overwhelmed. I am ready to sell everything and live on the streets at this point. I feel like by filing I ruined my life. I hate to be so negative but I am so very ashamed of the bankruptcy. I don't think I will get over it and I don't know how much more I can take. I can't handle anymore "surprises."

Comment

I'm assuming that you filed your Chapter 13 using an attorney (as most people do). If so, then don't worry about this. You'll just need to wait and see what QVC writes. Bankruptcy, and especially Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, is a slow process. Not much happens quickly. Once you're in a confirmed plan and just making monthly payments, things will be more normative.

Comment

Thank you for all of your help!! I am hoping for normalcy

Comment

Originally posted by codingirl79 View Post
                        Thank you for all of your help!! I am hoping for normalcy
                        Did they close your bank account because of bankruptcy? I am just curious. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Witchywitch View Post

Did they close your bank account because of bankruptcy? I am just curious. Thanks!
                          I misunderstood. I thought they closed your bank account not the QVC account.

Comment

No, Witchywitch (love the name) I am witchy too lol! They just closed the QVC account. I returned my items and now they are hassling with the refund..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X