No announcement yet.

Probability of increase in monthly trustee payment after confirmation hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probability of increase in monthly trustee payment after confirmation hearing

Our confirmation hearing is 3/11/20. Our payment now of $1,045 is tough but doable at this point. I have a tremendous fear that this payment will go up. The amount that we are paying now includes a vehicle that we plan on surrendering. What do trustee's look at to raise a payment? Is this reviewed periodically? Is it best to surrender vehicle after the confirmation? We CANNOT afford more than the $1045.

You should know your payment by the time of the final confirmation hearing. It's not like they go into the hearing to then change the amounts. The hearing is just to tell the judge that everything is okay and the judge can sign off on the plan. The plans must be approved by the court, which is more just a formality than anything special.

You may be overthinking this!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Me. overthinking? Never lol! ;) Yes I overthink everything. I guess I am just worried that they will change my payment once I surrender our car. It is included with this and at the time I was not sure which car I was surrendering. I was just not sure if the trustee would know of the surrender and say "oh, she has more money. let's ask for more." With that being said should I wait for the confirmation to surrender?

Comment

I have never surrendered a vehicle in a Chapter 13. Your attorney should have already calculated your payment (DMI) without the car payment, so your Chapter 13 plan payment should not change.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, they have not mentioned anything about it so, I am going to just let it alone... The original plan included all vehicles.

Comment

codingirl79, In PA,are you in the Eastern District (Philly)?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X