Moving unsecured debt from one creditor to another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving unsecured debt from one creditor to another

My husband had 3K of bills for chemo. We were paying this 80.00 a month. If I used multiple credit cards to pay this off more than 90 days before filing would this be an issue.

I don't see that as an issue so long as you've been paying on those cards since paying the medical bill. Even if you did not make many payments in the last 90 days, the amount ($3K) is spread out among several cards and most creditors won't care about the small amount.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you for the fast reply! I really do not want to have issues with my husband's chemo provider. I don't want preferential payments issues either.

Comment

If you use a credit card to pay a debt that doesn't make it a preference. A preference happens when you pay one creditor more than the others just prior to filing bankruptcy.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

it wont matter, worst case is move the money over and pay a little on each card for a month or 2 and your fine, especially medical medical is not a luxury so you most likely wont even need to pay those min payments but just to be safe. All in all you are fine. You can also declare the medical on your Bk as well.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X