credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question credit report

Just another question about credit report. Ch 7 no asset discharged and closed in June. I had one credit card that had a personal guarantee/old business debt (BB&T). I have been waiting for it to show up on my personal credit report, but it has not. I thought it had to be reported to personal credit report since I included it in my bankruptcy? BTW credit is moving up quickly for it to just bring it down when finally reported.
    This is a great forum, still reading posts even after discharge.

Welcome to BKForum.

Since it is business debt, they likely marked it as "included in bankruptcy" (IIB) so it never "reported" to the credit bureaus. As you may now know, filing bankruptcy is a wild ride when it comes to your credit score. It's too difficult to predict the impacts on different things or what some creditors will and will not do. For example, some creditors will remove the entire reporting, while others will mark them IIB.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Welcome to the site TMfriendly!

Regarding changes to your credit score, as justbroke stated, it is indeed a wild ride. In my case, my Chapter 13 was discharged back in March, and since then my credit score has bounced around by as much as thirty points in a single day, only to bounce back in the other direction a day or two later. I am at least a little hopeful things will stabilize once I get a year our two downstream from the discharge.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

Thanks for the responses... it has been a wild ride. Just wish i had found this site upon filing. Now my case is closed I just feel like somebody is gonna come back and bite me in the butt, because I burned so many creditors (paranoid)
        I still check pacer to make sure creditor has not filied anything against me, weird right??

Comment

If your case is discharged and/or closed, there is no reason to check PACER. Creditors are actually very aware of the penalties for trying to "bite" a debtor for discharged debt. It is very easy for a debtor to not only drag the violating creditor into the bankruptcy court, but sanctions are swift and can be significant.

I personally watched a hearing (for a bankruptcy case) involving Verizon. Verizon had called the debtor more than 80 times in an attempt to collect a discharged debt. The debtor only logged 80 of those calls after the attorney said to keep track. The judge awarded the debtor $1,000 for each call that was logged. The judge then admonished Verizon and told them that if the debtor received one more call, the judge would impose sanctions of 2X or 3X the $80,000 in damages already awarded. Magically, the calls stopped. Moral of the story, the judges are very serious about violating the automatic stay and/or permanent discharge injunction.

Congratulations on your discharge and closing. I hope the future treats you well.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you so much Justbroke, I will just enjoy my fresh start !

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X