Phone Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Lease

So I’m planning on filing chapter 13 in the next few months ( after talking to attorney I wasn’t eligible for a 7 based on income).

My question is I have my current cell phone through sprint and it’s using their lease program. They have horrible service, and I wanted to switch to Verizon, is there any issue if I switch and finance a new phone with them this close to filing?

and if I kept my sprint phone so they take it back with the lease or how does that work

It should not be an issue. I actually discharged Sprint debt which was an installment loan on an iPad. Spring just cancelled the contract and created a new account after I filed bankruptcy. I wasn't expecting that at all.

(Note: it took me a few weeks to get Sprint straightened out. Since I filed Pro Se, I had to call Sprint Bankruptcy department several times to make sure everything was good to go!)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X