Care credit during Christmas 13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care credit during Christmas 13?

I’m about a year into my program; made all my payments plus extra some months. I won’t be done for 24 mos. I need dental work that I can’t delay that long. Will care credit consider my situation? Don’t want to apply, get denied with a hard pull. Incidentally, TU is 694; EX is 640

They'll likely deny your application since you're in an active bankruptcy. That card is backed by Synchrony Bank. Are you allowed to incur debt in your Chapter 13? I believe that Synchrony mostly uses Transunion. That means that your 694 TU score should get you almost what you ask for (based on income). So I don't know if Synchrony will approve or not. I do have two Care Credit account with one $10K line. The closed my other line of $21K as it remained unused (first they lowered it, then they closed it).

As an aside, I would not voluntarily pay extra into a Chapter 13. That money could better be used for an emergency fund. Not all Chapter 13 trustees are nice and let debtors out of a Chapter 13 early because they made extra payments (in a non-100% plan). Sometimes they just say "thanks I'll give this to the unsecured creditors" and not reduce your plan balance.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Don't pay extra anymore. It might not count for anything towards future plan payments if you hit a rough patch. You're not allowed to exit the 13 early unless you reach 100%. The really nice trustees warn people not to pay extra or pay early except 100% plans.

Make sure you know the rules for how much debt you can incur without trustee permission except in a medical emergency. This sounds like a medical emergency that cannot wait. What I would do is search myfico's prequal credit thread and do only guaranteed soft inquiries to see who would take you, their fees, and potential credit limit. It's probably nowhere near enough credit to do dental work, but it will give you an idea of what other creditors think of you. Don't take any offers unless it's enough to pay for your dental work because you don't want the HP.

Comment

I do agree with flashoflight that for a true emergency, you may need to ask for forgiveness later.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X