Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 - Credit Report Question

Hello all,

I have a confirmed Chapter 13 plan that I am paying into each month. Since the plan was filed/confirmed most of my creditors have "closed" my accounts when I look at my credit report. One, however, has remained and it just so happens to be my biggest offender within the plan. It's an unsecured line of credit to the tune of 60k and since that is the only remaining account on my report it is killing my score because of usage ratio. I think I know the answer to this, but is there anything I can do to get them to get that off my report, or is it likely to remain until the plan is complete?

The reason I ask is because I may need to refinance my house soon (possible divorce - isn't life grand?) and want my score to be the best it possibly can while in bk.

Thank you!

If it's Navy Federal, forget it. They did the same to me until my case was discharged. It may be specific to credit unions (CUs) in general to not update the line. I personally think that they should report $0 with a credit limit of $0 and IIB (included in bankruptcy). Have you tried to dispute this with the credit bureau?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      If it's Navy Federal, forget it. They did the same to me until my case was discharged. It may be specific to credit unions (CUs) in general to not update the line. I personally think that they should report $0 with a credit limit of $0 and IIB (included in bankruptcy). Have you tried to dispute this with the credit bureau?
      Actually, I did a dispute right after posting this LOL. No, its not Navy Federal, although the funny thing is, they were one of my creditors but I don't even see them listed on Experian. Perhaps they don't report there, but now you have me curious if the other bureaus have me in an even worse spot.

Comment

I guess the dispute worked.. TU has me at a 674 score now and I just saw this come in via e-mail..

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is, if you're still in your Chapter 13 plan, any credit scores, regardless of whether they're Vantage or FICO are pretty much "funny numbers". You won't start getting real scores until after your discharge.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
            One thing to keep in mind is, if you're still in your Chapter 13 plan, any credit scores, regardless of whether they're Vantage or FICO are pretty much "funny numbers". You won't start getting real scores until after your discharge.
            Yeah I kind of figured that. I guess if the trustee allows me to refinance the house then whatever comes up with the mortgage application will have to be what the lender uses.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X