Tom Girardi Bankruptcy - Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Girardi Bankruptcy - Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

Anyone following this bankruptcy case? I noticed the case because the new season of RHOBH is premiering this week.

Some of the issues I find interesting:

1) Ex-wife is trying to be paid the $600k homestead exemption on the mansion the ch7 trustee is trying to sell. But this is a ch7 involuntary case for Tom.
    2) BK Court approved realtor is listing the mansion for $13M when it's really only worth $7M on a good day.
    3) Is Tom exaggerating his memory loss and alleged dementia to hinder and delay creditors?
    4) Is the ex-wife taking money from community property/property of the BK estate to fund her lavish lifestyle?
    5) Is the divorce a shield from Tom's hungry and angry creditors?
    6) I think the ch7 trustee passed on Tom's Mercedes.

Maybe one day I will make a side trip to the courthouse and read all the juicy gossip on PACER for free.

Not me. I don't like celebrity cases. Reminds me of the NJ Housewives case.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      Not me. I don't like celebrity cases. Reminds me of the NJ Housewives case.
      I got rid of my tv since my college days. When I visit my inlaws its stunning how much advertising propaganda is on it. Its no wonder the general populace was so easily programmed into submission during COVID.

Turn off your tv my peoples!

Comment

Please stop with the bogus social and political B.S. There is no place for such crap in this site.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

A very devout Christian with very strong Christian values once told me you should worry about what goes on in your house rather than the White House. I think in another thread I said that you should play the hand you're dealt with within the confines of the rules even if you don't like the rules, don't like the guy that made the rules, or don't like your hand. I might even agree with you that the media forces upon a certain viewpoint, but the part you're missing is that the political and social agenda is not actionable in your own life and circumstances and certainly not actionable on a forum where we talk about BK law.

Celebrity cases are borderline not actionable either, but I look at them to make it easier to understand bankruptcy law which is normally real dry. They might be staying in a house rent free for months or even years which I think prejudices creditors, strategic divorce, malingering illnesses to continue hearings or depositions, etc. These folks have high priced lawyers with tactics I've never thought of so I'm interested in what they're doing. There are so many creative ways to misuse BK law to hinder or delay creditors.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X