figuring out the value of eletronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

figuring out the value of eletronics

is there a formula for figuring out what the value of eletronics are from what i paid for em. i hear of terms used like fire sales and garge sale prices

I use eBay. First I guess at what I could sell the object in a yard sale. Then I look at eBay to confirm. This is known as garage sale prices. What would a willing buyer pay you for this item in a yard sale. Surprisingly, that computer is probably only worth $100-200 (unless it's an Apple Mac). The mattress is nearly worthless. The old "hi-fi" stereo, similarly, is nearly worthless.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

ok just called my lawyer she aske me how much do you think you could get for everything i own if i had to sell everything tomorrow i told her not uch

Comment

I used Salvation Army donation guide prices. You would just need to estimate "high" or "low" end of the pricing:

For example, they have the following listed as such:
        Computer Monitor $5.00 $51.00
        Computer Printer $5.00 $155.00
        Computer System $104.00 $415.00

Comment

Originally posted by Ekop785 View Post
          I used Salvation Army donation guide prices. You would just need to estimate "high" or "low" end of the pricing:

For example, they have the following listed as such:
          Computer Monitor $5.00 $51.00
          Computer Printer $5.00 $155.00
          Computer System $104.00 $415.00
          do you have a link for the salvation army donation guide prices. i was looking on ebay and most if it's new and at store prices if not more on some items

Comment

Originally posted by yourfired View Post

do you have a link for the salvation army donation guide prices. i was looking on ebay and most if it's new and at store prices if not more on some items
            Here you go:

Donation Valuation Guide. Learn about the value of your Salvation Army donation with per item valuation in our handy guide.

It is not very well organized - they have computer stuff under misc., tv's under appliances, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X