Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my refund....now what?

we just got our refund check for the amount we overpaid at the end of our BK13. What happens next?

Have you completed your 2nd finance class? If so, you just wait as the trustee takes the steps to discharge you and close the case. You should receive a form to sign that you have
    no outstanding child support obligations which you return quickly when you receive it. Some trustees discharge and close the case at the same time - some (like mine) send a discharge right away then do their behind the scenes tasks to close the case. The process can take anywhere from 1-3 months. Congratulations on reaching the end of your case!!!!! You've done your part, now the trustee does his/hers.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I just started the discharge process. In my case, proof of the second course was submitted long ago. When I told my attorney that I submitted the 60th and final payment, the attorney immediately filed the DSO. The day the Trustee got the final payment earlier this week, the Trustee filed the notice of final cure payment (I had pre-petition past due mortgage payments), which also signified that all plan payments are completed. The mortgage lender must then confirm the pre-petition amounts have been paid and the mortgage is is current with no past-due amounts within 21 days. I made my final payment before this months disbursement date, but in looking at NDC this morning, the trustee did not pay the full amount and it looks like there will be one final disbursement to the unsecureds next month.

From what I've seen with my district/trustee, my trustee is quick to take action but that doesn't affect the length of time in the discharge process. In the past two months a lot of motions on the docket to dismiss for plan payment failure on a number of cases filed when mine was filed (Fall 2013), . There was a recent case of a debtor who filed a motion to discharge after completing payments and the trustee replied that the motion was premature (you get your discharge when I say so, more or less!) I predict that after the final disbursement is made next month, then he will do the case audit and file the motion to discharge and any objections to discharge (another month of waiting). I slightly overpaid, so I expect a refund
      Filed Ch 13 November 2013, discharged March 2019

Comment

We made our last payment in August. Got our letter to stop making payments 9/12/18. Received the refund yesterday, 10/9. Both courses were done long ago. I am hoping and praying for a discharge soon.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X