Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged!

Just got a copy of the discharge from our attorney.. OMG! now, we have not gotten refunds yet from the trustee, but I assume with this discharge we can legally go get a car loan? Probably after the first of the year.. going to Disney next week!

Congratulations..just be sure your case is totally closed before you go to get a loan. Even though we were discharged, the bank would not show us out of bk until they received notice from the court that the case was closed. In your case, that may already be the case..but the way to know for sure is to check pacer. If if shows discharged it's still in progressed. If it shows case close you are totally done. Enjoy disney, you deserve to have a fun time to celebrate your freedom!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Congrats! How long did it take from your final payment til discharge? I just received the domestic support form from my attorney this afternoon. I'm driving it over to his office first thing in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by wd2005 View Post
        Congrats! How long did it take from your final payment til discharge? I just received the domestic support form from my attorney this afternoon. I'm driving it over to his office first thing in the morning.
        Case was closed in NDC on 11/14.. so a tad over a month from then I got the discharge.. the case is still open in the court system. that may take another month or so to close out.. but the case was discharged today.

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
          Congratulations..just be sure your case is totally closed before you go to get a loan. Even though we were discharged, the bank would not show us out of bk until they received notice from the court that the case was closed. In your case, that may already be the case..but the way to know for sure is to check pacer. If if shows discharged it's still in progressed. If it shows case close you are totally done. Enjoy disney, you deserve to have a fun time to celebrate your freedom!
          Thank you.. we are going to start looking after the 1st for new cars.. our cars are not in great shape, hopefully we can purchase in Jan.

Comment

Congrats on your discharge; a great way to start the New Year!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dapcook View Post

Case was closed in NDC on 11/14.. so a tad over a month from then I got the discharge.. the case is still open in the court system. that may take another month or so to close out.. but the case was discharged today.
              My final payment posted on 12/4 but nothing has updated in NDC. Just emailed the domestic support form back to the attorney a few minutes ago. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

My final payment posted on 12/4 but nothing has updated in NDC. Just emailed the domestic support form back to the attorney a few minutes ago. Keeping my fingers crossed!
                From my experience, and that is all I can judge by.. Once final payment was made, NDC was rather useless except for seeing what if the refund payment had been printed... Pacer was more crucial. I know my lawyer had to file a motion for discharge which really got the ball rolling.

Comment

From my experience, and that is all I can judge by.. Once final payment was made, NDC was rather useless except for seeing what if the refund payment had been printed... Pacer was more crucial. I know my lawyer had to file a motion for discharge which really got the ball rolling.
                  Good to know, thank you. His paralegal said once she has the signed DS affidavit "I will file it with the Court along with the corresponding Motion".

Comment

Just checked PACER and my attorney filed the motion for discharge!

Comment

Just checked PACER and my attorney filed the motion for discharge!
                      NICE! that was about a month wait and the discharge came quickly after that.. Holidays in there. It's sure a good feeling when that happens.

Comment

NICE! that was about a month wait and the discharge came quickly after that.. Holidays in there. It's sure a good feeling when that happens.
                        Are you saying it took a month from when your attorney filed a motion for discharge for yours to come in? That would be great if mine works out that way

Comment

Are you saying it took a month from when your attorney filed a motion for discharge for yours to come in? That would be great if mine works out that way
                          Mine was filed on 11/20/18, it said it takes 27 days to allow creditors to do their 'protest', pacer told me the scheduled deadline was 12/22. that was more than 27 days.. dunno..but I got my discharge on 12/27. I'm sure cause of Christmas

Comment

That's not bad. If I can get mine done by the beginning of February that would be awesome!

Comment

That's not bad. If I can get mine done by the beginning of February that would be awesome!
                              Do you have any refunds coming from the trustee? That is my last part, he only prints and mails certain times a month. Quite the delay imho. I want to get this court cased "closed" out

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X