Taxes before discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxes before discharge

Hello everyone, just wanted to see if anyone had this experience in the past.

I am 5 months away from making my last payment on my chapter 13. I might have a big tax bill this year that I might not be able to pay this year. If I do not pay before June will this have an issue in receiving my discharge?

I am also thinking to ask for a payment plan from the IRS , will this impact in receiving my discharge?

Thank you in advance,

You cannot be in an active payment plan while in a bankruptcy. You could, though, pay as much as you can by April 15th (at least $1) and file an extension. That would give you until October 15th to pay or get into a payment arrangement.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is great advice and thank you. Will the trustee ask the IRS ask any questions before giving me the discharge?

Thank you again, you have given me some good advice during my plan.

Comment

The Trustee technically can't speak to the IRS on your behalf, without your permission. The Trustee almost never interacts with the IRS except, in some rare cases, the Trustee attempts to intercept a refund.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X