Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished?

Hello all. My last plan payment arrived at the Trustee on 12/4. My attorney filed our financial management course on 12/21 (though we did it in July) and filed a motion for entry of discharge on 12/27. I've been checking PACER and NDC every day and woke up to this in NDC today:
    Case Status Plan Completed. DEBTORS MAY BE ENTITLED TO A DISC
    NDC Case Status Discharged

PACER hasn't changed yet. I'm hoping this means we're done.

Congratulations to completing your Chap 13!!!!! I'm only 1yr into my 5 year plan but will be so happy when it's over and done!! Great way to start 2019!!! Keep the rest of us posted on your rebuild as it seems most is about Chap 7 and I'd like to know how Chap 13 rebuilding goes. Congrats again!!!!

Comment

Comment

Congratulations on completing your Plan.

Pacer is the official court record. Regardless of what NDC says, you are not discharged until a discharge order shows up on PACER. But, it sounds like the Trustee is done with you which means things are moving along as they should.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations on completing your plan. As Lady In the Red said you need to see the official word in Pacer; having said that, it looks like you're on your way
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Isn’t there an additional class that must be completed before 13 discharge? We are 4 years in our plan and I want to be ready when it’s time for discharge we owe less than $1500 in plan. Thanks for any help.

Comment

Yes. The financial management class, a/k/a the "second" class, is to be completed before discharge. You must also file a certificate of completion as well. You can take it at anytime from just about filing until your case is ready to discharge.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

We received our disbursement report this afternoon. Still nothing in PACER. Being the impatient person I am I called the Trustee's office to see where I stand. I guess they are still preparing the final report. It will be done either this month or next.

Comment

That's good to hear...the plan takes time..but the wait at the end is the worst . Just relax, it'll be quicker than you think.
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

My daily PACER check bore fruit today. The trustee report was posted this morning.

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the Chapter 13 Trustee has filed the attached Trustee's Report
                    and Account with the Court. Any objection to the Trustee's Report and Account must be filed
                    with the UnitedStates Bankruptcy Court and a copy served upon the Chapter 13 Trustee within
                    thirty (30) days of the date of service. In the absence of a timely objection, the Court may approve
                    the Trustee's Report and Account without a hearing.

XXXXXX X. XXXXXXXXXX
                    Standing Chapter 13 Trustee
                    BBO# XXXXX
                    P.O. Box XXXXX
                    XXXXXXXX, XX XXXXX
                    (XXX) XXX-XXXXX
                    /s/ XXXXXX X. XXXXXXXXXX

So now it's more waiting. Anyone ever actually hear of a creditor objecting? I was pre-approved for a mortgage and want to buy a house ASAP.
                    Last edited by justbroke; 02-08-2019, 05:02 PM. Reason: Moderator removed Trustee Information

Comment

It happens sometimes when there are mortgages with arrearages in the plan and that gets all messed up. Other than that, there are usually no other objections to discharge.
                      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        It happens sometimes when there are mortgages with arrearages in the plan and that gets all messed up. Other than that, there are usually no other objections to discharge.
                        No mortgages. Mine was mostly back taxes and a car that was included in the plan.

Comment

Should be easy-peasy lemon squeezy. (I have no clue why I just typed that!)

Comment

Congratulations...sounds like you're in the very home stretch

justbroke - thanks, i'm going to be walking around for the next month saying easy-peasy lemon squeezy (and stopping at 7-11 for a lemon slurpy)
                            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

LOL, I like the saying as well. Congrats on being almost discharged! I've got a long way to go and mortgage arrears as well as mortgage so I'm hoping my trustee is keeping track of everything. I get monthly statements from my service provider as well so I'm keeping track too! Just crossing my fingers and toes that I don't have any issues upon discharge with current mortgage servicer. It was Nationstar, now DBA Mr. Cooper. I've heard horror stories about them but hoping that won't be my experience. Everything is being paid via trustee. I know it's money they're making but I'm hoping it helps things stay straight in the end. Best of luck to you on getting your mortgage!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X