Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Year "Anniversary" of CH13 and Credit Scores Unimproved; Experian no report

I am now in an one year "anniversary" of my CH13..4 more to go. I ordered credit reports from FICO recently and only two reports were produced. Experian could not provide a report based on "lack" of credit history. Anybody experience this while in a CH13? Both of my reports were provided from Transunion and Equafax and my credit scores still have not improved. I noticed from some BK threads some CH13 filers have credit scores that jumped to big numbers while in an active CH13. How is that possible that some scores really go up while others are just at a snail's pace or unchanged? One of my reports shows at 497!!! The other one is in the mid 500's.

Filed CH13 Winter of 2018; Confirmed Summer of 2018; 5 Year payment plan

It's possible because some of them, including myself, obtained secured credit cards or were listed as authorized users on well-aged and perfect accounts. Your issue is likely because only your bankruptcy is active, and any accounts are closed with negative marks. To get a score, you need to have some good accounts with low utilization and "aged."

You should see if you're allowed to get a $500 unsecured card or a secured card.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks, Justbroke. I will follow up with my lawyer, but the last time I talked to him, he mentioned no new loans or credit cards during my CH13. I really need to do something to shore up my credit scores especially if I want to relocate somewhere else (to rent a place somewhere else). I will ask my lawyer once again about applying for a secured credit card with a limit of no more than $500 and see what he says. I just hate to conduct financial activities that could potentially jeopardize my case in the meantime.
      Filed CH13 Winter of 2018; Confirmed Summer of 2018; 5 Year payment plan

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X