Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage and HEL payments

I might have been wrong. I went to make my online HEL payment over the weekend and got error messages, tried Monday and it looked as though it went through and my online balance adjusted accordingly, but yesterday it showed the payment did not go through and I tried again. Got the message that it was processed, but when I checked later in the day it did not go through. I called the bank and after talking to a few people I was told that I couldn't make an online payment due to bankruptcy. I have been making these payments online for several months.

I told them initially I could not and then I was able to do so. No one seemed to know anything helpful about it. One lady told me the HEL was blocked from online payments, but the mortgage was not.

Maybe it was an error, but I didn't get a good answer. I talked to customer service, collections and the bankruptcy departments.

I'll see what happens when I try to pay the mortgage next month. If I can't do it online I will have to call and make the payments, it's actually a "transfer" not a payment since I transfer from my checking account to the mortgage and HEL. It's a hassle to call since I have to do it during working hours and there's no place private to make a call, but if I have to do it I have to do it.

I don't understand why they can't do voluntary payments online, the IRS has voluntary payments online!

I know we blew our credit and are in bankruptcy so there will be consequences, but I really don't understand why they make it harder to pay the bill.

I will use the online transfer from my account to the loan (s) as long as I can.

You shouldn't be able to make online payments during an Active Chapter 13 for "most" creditors that you are keeping. They do not want to violate the automatic stay. The fact that you have some access and/or access is sporadic suggests that you find another way to make your payments.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

I am not an attorney. Any advice provided is not legal advice.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X