Last payment made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last payment made

My last CH13 payment is sent. For those of you that are on the other side of CH13, I'm curious regarding your experience with the following:
    • Are mortgage companies required to resume reporting to my credit report. They've not reported since the CH13 was filed, although the mortgage was not a part of my claim (my spouse did not file a CH13). We are current on our mortgage w/ no late or missed a payment in decades.
    • How quickly was your CH13 discharged after making your final payment?
    • Any issues getting auto loans or an unsecured CC with decent rates? I've not used any unsecured credit during my plan. I've only recently opened a secured CC.

Congratulations and welcome to BKForum!
    • When or whether a mortgage company will resume reporting is too specific to the mortgage company. Debtors have been successful, even during a Chapter 13, at requesting that the mortgage company report the account history. Nearly all of the lenders will require a letter from the attorney stating that it is okay do resume normal billing. (The reason they stop is so that they don't get into any trouble by reporting during a pending bankruptcy.)
    • How quick is the discharge? It's too fact, trustee, and district specific. Expect 60-90 days as an average. The Trustee must make final checks, send them, and wait for any to be returned. That alone is 30-45 days. The Trustee also must make a final accounting and then provide that to the court. There are several steps to do. Some have had their discharge within 30 days of the last payment and waited another 30-60 days for discharge. Your mileage will vary.
    • Any attempts to get credit will be based on your credit score. Car loans are usually based on your FICO Auto Score which is different than the other scores. If you had any repossessions or late payments prior to filing, your Auto Score is probably not good. I was able to get 7.49% from Navy Federal just 6 months out from a Chapter 7. Again, your mileage will vary (pun intended). Just having a bankruptcy notation on your credit is likely to prevent you from getting rates below 5%.

Start with shipo's rebuilding guide at https://www.bkforum.com/forum/after-...uilding-credit
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I updated the thread above.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke Thanks for the response!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X