One more payment to go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more payment to go!

Holy cow. What a process this has been! And it feels very broken record since I feel like it's always a process no matter what D:

You have all been SO INSTRUMENTAL on this journey. While I've always tended to lurk, the advice shared has been so very helpful, especially a year back when my original attorney was disbarred.

My currently lawyer provided me with a "what to expect" sheet - basically spelling out that my trustee takes about 60 days to wrap up the administrative things on their end. My lawyer said after I make my last payment, the Trustee will file a "Notice of Plan Completion" which I assume will come after their audit is done and all payments sent to the creditors have been cashed. I also believe I need to sign an affidavit requesting discharge after the plan completion notice is filed. I've already completed my second financial course and the certificate is filed.

In the interim, was wondering if there is anything else that needs to be done that I might be missing here? The only hiccup I foresee is that my student loan servicer changed, but despite providing the Trustee with the new payment address, checks are still going to the old mailing address and being slowly forwarded to the correct servicer. I gather this might hold things up?

And, NDC now shows" NDC CASE STATUS: COMPLETED"

Here's to hoping the remaining admin process behind the scenes passes by quickly so I can get on the road to credit recovery.

Comment

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Comment

So this is moving way faster than I anticipated... Trustee filed a Notice of Completion of Plan Payments on Friday. My attorney filed my Affidavit Requesting Discharge today. He said that the objection window ends on August 8th and I should have my discharge that week. Whoa. I was expecting some super long drawn out process here.

Comment

Congrats on getting it done! I know the relief I felt in getting my CH7 discharge done. I was still making a couple of cash payments (my trustee wanted an all cash settlement, except for my car and allowed me to pay the cash amount in 3rds). But once the case was closed administratively, it was a bit of a relief. After that, all I had to deal with is the aftermath... the fact that the CH7 is on my credit report and will stay there for 10 years from the date of discharge. It just made it a bit difficult for me to re-establish credit as most lenders automatically deny anyone with a CH7/13 on their record. I had to wait until 3 years after the discharge (which will be at the end of this month) to finally get back into the good graces of some creditors. I hope to close on an HEI deal in two days which will fund me and the major projects I need done (new roof, new HVAC, etc. etc.). We'll see.

Anyway, best of luck to you on you future journey. There may be some bumps in the road, but there is a clear road, ahead.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X