Payroll deduction process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll deduction process

I filed ch 13 on 6/30, my employer has not received any info or anything pertaining to my case. Was this suppose to be done by me or the atty, or the trustee? I’ve made manual payments through TFS, and I’m pretty sure I will have to continue manual payments until this is fixed. I was thinking if I should have my HR setup and login to TFS and set it up ourselves. My 341 is Monday 8/29, I wasn’t sure if I should even bring this up. I have a service ticket submitted to the atty office, but not sure if they answer on weekends…

For me, the trustee did it. I filed on 5/17/2022. The trustee sent the order soon enough that my payroll started deduction on 5/27. I received an email copy of the order. I also could see a copy in PACER. Not sure if that helps, but that is what just happened for me, but my trustee seems to be pretty quick on everything.

Comment

I would wait for the 341 meeting. I don't think my auto deduction started until after the 341 meeting.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyc1005 View Post
        I filed ch 13 on 6/30, my employer has not received any info or anything pertaining to my case. Was this suppose to be done by me or the atty, or the trustee? I’ve made manual payments through TFS, and I’m pretty sure I will have to continue manual payments until this is fixed. I was thinking if I should have my HR setup and login to TFS and set it up ourselves. My 341 is Monday 8/29, I wasn’t sure if I should even bring this up. I have a service ticket submitted to the atty office, but not sure if they answer on weekends…
        It depends upon where you file, not all Chapter 13 cases operate via payroll deduction; mine certainly did not. Do you know for a fact your Trustee will be requiring payroll deduction?
        Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

It depends upon where you file, not all Chapter 13 cases operate via payroll deduction; mine certainly did not. Do you know for a fact your Trustee will be requiring payroll deduction?
          I’m not sure, I’m going to wait until next week to find out

Comment

Some trustees have mandatory wage deduct. Some do not. We don't have wage deduct in my area. You pay every month by mailing a cashier's check or TFS.

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
              Some trustees have mandatory wage deduct. Some do not. We don't have wage deduct in my area. You pay every month by mailing a cashier's check or TFS.
              I was required to mail a cashier's check or postal money order; after a year of playing that game I got tired of it and switched to online bill pay via my bank (then Bank of America); the Trustee never said a word and for the final 48 months of my Chapter 13 I payed via the convenience of my computer.
              Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post

I was required to mail a cashier's check or postal money order; after a year of playing that game I got tired of it and switched to online bill pay via my bank (then Bank of America); the Trustee never said a word and for the final 48 months of my Chapter 13 I payed via the convenience of my computer.
                Did your mailed payments go to Memphis, TN? Did the BofA payments go through as an electronic payment or the mailed payment with paper check where you have to initiate the billpay a couple of days in advance instead of one day? Maybe my trustee is using the same lockbox service and I should try it too.

Comment

Yes, the checks were all mailed to Memphis, TN, and as far as I know, they did in fact go as checks. If I remember correctly, my due date each month was on the 27th so I scheduled the payment delivery for the 24; when I checked NDC, most checks were posted within a day or three on either side of the 27th.
                  Latent car nut.

Comment

Whether or not you need payroll deduction is very Trustee and District specific... and sometimes even case specific.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Got it figured out, the document I signed had no box checked. I’m going to make at least the next one manually and get the documents signed. I’d actually rather it be deducted just have to keep an eye on it

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X