341 meeting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting today

So I had my 341 meeting today. Had a couple of hiccups.

First hiccup was when the trustee asked about child support, alimony and such. I said yes, he and my lawyer was about to stroke out. It was the way he asked, Are you paying child support? Well, yes, it is listed though. It took a few seconds for everyone to mentally catch up. I thought he was asking if I payed child support in general. He was asking if I payed it and had it not listed. Should have asked at it as such, "Are you paying child support on top of what you have listed." I am a border city, next state is literally 20 min from me, so possible to hide it. Stroke over on that one. LOL.

Second hiccup, a creditor actually showed up. It was for a utility bill I am behind on for $1800. Obv, gonna get rid of that one, pay the $200 to reconnect and save $1600. The Trustee was vague to the point of not giving legal advice but straight up said, don't bother. Esp when the creditor mentioned garnishment. Trustee pointed out, thats gonna be a no go. My lawyer told him the same but did say to talk to their lawyer. Otherwise pretty smooth. Got there at 930, watched until about 1015 and I was called up. Everyone was about 5 min. I was about 10 min due to my stroke causing answer and the creditor showing up. I know everyone says not to stress, but I believe you should anyways. By doing so, it keeps you on your toes. Not enough for panic attacks, but were you hope for the best but expect the worse. That way if a creditor does show up, mentally you were already prepared. Plus, keeping those feelings. It will help with rebuilding and not falling down the same rabbit hole.

3rd hiccup. Lawyer had one Reaffimation agreement but wasn't able to print it out to bring it. The other secured loan I'm keeping, their rep was sick and didn't show. (She was expected). So now having it all done, have to wait until Monday to see if my lawyer has 'em ready to sign.

So for those who are new, Thats my experience of my 341 and despite those, pretty smooth. Relax. LOl.

So for those who wonder what life is like credit wise during. Ok. My scores were 500s at filing. They were 600s+ before I had a heart attack 1 Aug. So credit scores break down.

620s+ before heart attack.
    500s after heart attack (1 Aug)

Filed 18 Oct.
    Credit Karma
    -504 Trans
    -491 EQ.

-? EX

They rose and fell as the bankruptcy filtered in.

As of today (5 Dec.)
    Credit Karma
    -644 Trans
    -654 EQ

Creditwise (Capital one)
    -532 Trans (Hasn't updated yet)

Experian
    -523 (Not updated yet either, probably wont go up much though as its always my lowest one)

Coming out this this, I will be wiping out about 100K worth of debt. 2 secured loans and 2 new credit cards are being kept.

-Snap On Credit $7k
    -Heights Finance $ 1K
    -Open Sky CC $$90/$400 (New)
    -Credit One CC Unknown. Havent received it yet.

Yeah, I know. Will get rid of them once I get with better cards.

So that is my story as of now. Just have to wait until my discharge which is tentatively 3 Feb. 2020. Holidays may slow it down a bit.

So currently 1210 am, my local time, so 14 hrs after my 341 and I decided to check PACER for giggles, status change to "Awaiting discharge" status set by "Chap. 7 Trustee's report of no distribution". Guess that means I am good to go. Will update more as scores change or when something else changes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X